Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superbowl Result (SPOILERS!!!)

Options
  • 07-02-2005 4:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭

So patriots won, thoughts on the game?

Personally I have no idea what the eagles were doing with their clock management and that factor could have very well cost them the game

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,068 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

I don't care what anyone says, McNabb choked. Martin was saying he had a solid game but some of his decisions were astonishing, right through from his allowing himself to be sacked so heavily in the first quarter to his clock management in the fourth. Running the football clearly wasn't working, yet he still insisted on doing so and how many times were passes off target? Save for some extremely athletic plays by the eagles receivers on more than one occasion the Eagles would have gotten nowhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DaBreno

Neil3030 wrote:
    I don't care what anyone says, McNabb choked.

Very true. Was very disappointed with him. Too many bad moves and dreadful interceptions. His mate Owens didnt seem happy with him either.

Brady on the other hand was the man. Determinded, clear-headed and unflappable. He doesnt get enough credit for the job he does. A lot of people this season have sent in their emails to Sky describing him as an average QB behind a great defence. Last night, he reminded us why he had 2(now 3) titles. His passing was fast and accurate, plays were well executed - How about that equalising drive up the field at 7-0 eagles? Brilliant.
    His ability to deceive whole defenses was in effect too and was a joy to watch.

He doesnt blow his own trumpet or break Dan Marinos records but dont make the mistake of thinking he's average. Sorry Vick, Manning : He IS the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

jonnybadd wrote:
    So patriots won, thoughts on the game?

I can only remember bits of the game, still suffering from the old post-superbowl hangover. From what I can recall, the eagles receivers had a cracking game, big up to T.O for getting out there in pain and playing like a friggin hero. I would have liked to see the eagles win it, i would, but in the end the better team won it. Them patriots are a very solid team, one wonders can they do it again next year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Flamingfud

I can only remember bits of the game, still suffering from the old post-superbowl hangover. From what I can recall, the eagles receivers had a cracking game, big up to T.O for getting out there in pain and playing like a friggin hero. I would have liked to see the eagles win it, i would, but in the end the better team won it. Them patriots are a very solid team, one wonders can they do it again next year?

Definitely. For a guy who likes to blow his own trumpet, he came out there with no "Im gonna do this" or "Im gonna win this thing by myself". He just put himself up there, made some great catches, worked through the pain. A lot of respect has to to go to all the Eagles receivers, they did their best with some very poor service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Dont know if they can do it next year, both their O and D coaches have left for head coaching jobs for Notre Dame and the Browns respectivly. Hopefully they can, Tom Brady has apparenly been offered a $100 million contract over 10 years by the Pats making him the highest pain QB in the NFL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Thats crazy talk! In no way is he worth $100 million dollars - even over 10 years! To be paid that kind of money you need to be capable of getting the job done anytime anywhere, and tbh if you throw brady in to the tampa offense, where will they go? Not to the big bowl anyway. Although that being said, he does work well in the Pats offense and assuming they keep up the comaraderie they have going then maybe he is worth $100million to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Kencu

Gutted. Totally gutted. I’m man enough to admit a tear was shed.

Thoughts on the game

Brady did not win the Superbowl. Dillon, Weis, Branch(to a degree, but was more to do with Weis’s spread package) Harrison, seymor and the linebackers won that game.

McNabb didn’t choke, you don’t pass for those number if you choke. The playcalling wasn’t good but he doesn’t do that that’s Reid and Childress. McNabb made a few REAL bad throws but he also made a few great one’s. In particular for Westbrooks TD. I don’t know how he got it in there. And for the Pinkston 40 yarder how he even got the ball off was amazing!

The Patriots are an amazing team, and fully deserved to win.

It’s pretty hard to blitz against 4 good WR’s.

The Eagles will be back in Superbowl next year.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the Pat’s were too, but being in the AFC and losing both coaches is going to hurt them a bit.

Freddie Mitchell sucks.

Greg Lewis is going to be a great WR.

T.O. is simply superhuman.

Andy Reid still cant manage the clock.

Westbrook is unstoppable when sent on motion from the backfield to the slot.

Eagles need a good cover linebacker.

Patriots will have an impossible task replacing Harrisons leadership if not his skill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Magnolia_Fan

I really enjoyed it...and I agree McNabb choked, he choked big time you could tell he was nervous on the side line and he threw some unbelievable inacurate passes. Corey Dillon and Branch were the two stand outs for me. Dillons got some amazing stamina! I was pulling for the Eagles to win but there was no shame in losing to such a good team plus I'm actually a Bucs fan so they are supposed to be my rivals. But how can't you like a team with T.O and Donovan McNabb. McNabb will have his day yet. I think its amazing how great both teams are with the salary cap in place both coaches have done an great job

Advertisement