Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CS Website News

Options
  • 07-02-2005 1:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

News and ideas for the new GMITCS website.
    I need help lads to get it up and running, alot of Content would help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

Please dont shout!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭puma5k

Not shouting just need a move on this website.

Theres some Progress happening with the sub-domain csoc.gmit.ie. they will be soon setting up a redirect to our extenal hosting space. A disclamer will have to pop up when the site loads but we can live with that.

Soon could be tomorrow, next week, next mouth or even next year(s)!!!!!

groovy. give us a shout when you need the money for the hosting. now get off line and study!!!!

I will be meeting with Computer services on friday about the website. Progress is happening!

• Advertisement

good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭dawballz

Is this the counterstrike website?

Hi All

We need to have a meeting about the website before it goes LIVE! can we have one this week some time. I will go to SU to find a time and place.

General we need to brain storm Ideas for the site as the Content will make it successful. Already i have go allot of positive feed back for the staff and they see it as an extra service to students and staff. if we make this work it will become a BIG thing in the college so please Help is needed!

ya sure man when ever it suits you.

Meeting this Wednesday 16th. We meet in the new building in the open area around the first Floor. No room aranged yet.
    This is for Members and anyone else intrested about the website.

Posters will be put up today(Monday 14th) around the college.

• Advertisement

If you Have an idea please come!

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

dawballz wrote:
    Is this the counterstrike website?
    No this is the GMIT Computer Soc{CS} page.If you're in the college you should join!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭sawah

How did the meeting go??I heard nothing about it!!!!!

Badly, only a few people their.
    puma5k put a few posters up but they didnt attact any attention what so ever!

sure I did! it's so had to get people to move in this college. Computer Services have not setup the csoc domain for us. are they a service to students at ALL or what! It's taking them for ages and we have been trying to get a website online for the last 2 years!

Any plans on how to get them to move! on it.

One why i think that might work to get the college to move, is to gather up information from other college Computer societies across ireland and other places. detailling how they deal with there computer services and other college services. All our ideas are good intention for the college students and staff.
    We then send this report to the director and ask if he/she can do anything for us.

Would you think this would work? and would you have any idea's working on this matter?

It should work, but show it to computer services first.
    But its the end of the year so most people have exams and are quite busy.
    So if you can get some people that arent to busy or just love to work :D to give you a hand with things.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭PlasmaFish

Lets wake up this Thread OK,

Updates on the Websites,
    No word from Computer Services all summer, emailed them like 10 times
    We have got some support from the major broadband Company, Hosting, student offers and stuff like that.

The test site address at the moment is:

http://www.deadmonkeyrecords.com/gmitcs/

We must get csoc.gmit.ie www.gmitcs.com looks CRAP and makes the college crap like gmitsu.com people would think "What kind of IT dept they have!?"

PlasmaFish wrote:
    No word from Computer Services all summer, emailed them like 10 times
    What else is new!
    They just keep putting us of for one reason or another!
    Like the site, but the top banner should be made a little thiner and longer.

Well we finally have our own forum up and running thanks to the hardwork, computer and internet connection of one of members.
    Linky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

Well done, it only took a couple of years to get it up and running :)

I'm sure it will work out well. Keep up the good work.

Timeout

Advertisement