Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rag week!!

• 05-02-2005 6:50pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Jus got my mails there. €20 quid is excellent for the rag ball, and it actually seems to be LOADS of fun planned.

Hope everyones goin, cuz if people don't it'll flop.

** Monday **
    ** Bar Extension Until 2am **
    Street Fighter Tournament (Old Bar)
    The World's Biggest Game of Twister (Outdoors)
    Karaoke (Old Bar)
    Poldark Hypnotism Show (Venue, All Ages)
    DJ Roo (Old Bar)
    Charity Auction and Competitions (Old Bar)
    American Football [The Pro-Bowl] (New Bar)
    Movies and Popcorn (New Bar)
    Aine O'Doherty [You're a Star] (Old Bar)
    The Camembert Quartet (Old Bar)

** Tuesday **
    ** Bar Extension Until 2am **
    The Amazing Rag Trip! (Leaves DCU 10.15am, 244 tickets only)
    Battle of the Bands (Old Bar)
    Der Besuch der Alten Dame (German play in the Venue - Random)
    AF Soc's Massive Table Quiz
    The Chakras (Old Bar)
    DJs all night (Old Bar)
    Redbrick Alt Rag Ball (New Bar, Venue)

** Wednesday **
    Bungee Jumping (Outdoors)
    Live Karaoke (Old Bar)
    The Pre-Ball Party
    Funk Yo Momma (Old Bar)
    DJs
    +++++
    THE RAG BALL, 10pm, SPIRIT - Electric Six, Angels of Mons, DJs, Drinks
    Promos, Movies and Dancing.
    +++++

** Thursday **
    ** Bar Extension until 2am **
    Post-Ball Chillout Session
    Mr and Mrs Leavy (Old Bar)
    Dana Donnelly
    Jamie Lawson and Band

+++++
    THE RAG FOAM PARTY - 10pm, The Venue, DJs and Dancing until 2am (All
    ages, all night!)

** Friday **

We haven't decided yet!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

****e, I just realised I'm gonna be in Amsterdam for Electric Six.

****e. If anyone wants me to get two tix for em, I will gladly. For non - dcu- ers etc.

EDIT, again.

Its actually the second week, so I get to do both. Would be cool if I wasnt so broke.

But yeay anyhoo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Bah thanks to six hour labs I'll miss the events on monday and tuesday :(.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

In the email I got, it said to jus miss some classes. Having _some_ fun is more important.

Prioritise man!

Nah I can't miss these labs, I'll get my head handed to me on a plate if I do. I aint in first year anymore :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Man why am I broke.........

Goddam unemployment.... oh maybe that's why...

Anyways... Rag Week should be good if I can scrounge together a bit of cash.

Call in some "debts" and the like....

• Advertisement

I hope for your sake they are real debts and not some "fake" ones.

Just ask mama et papa.

Creature, sure there is stuff on alllll week long. You'll get to go to some of it, right?

Not sure. Monday and Tuesday are out and there's not much else that interests me. Might go along to see Electric 6 though pity about being in Spirit.

Apparently Electric Six were booked to play Spirit anyways and DCU just kinda latched on....

But yeh I'll be going along to some of the bar stuff and hopefully there's some free stuff like ill go along to watch that bungee jumpin' and stuff...

Someone got their Rag Ball ticket today and it was only at 14 so I assume there'll be a big enough turn out but possibly not a sell out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

rag trip today... it should be fun... i shall sooon find out.
    yeah toast!

Heh, I won tickets to the ball last night in the old bar. Hope I can get the night off work now. Tho I _really_ can't afford it.

And I don't actually have anyone to go with....

• Advertisement

No point goin to the rag ball. 20 quid a pop for tickets and then having to pay faaar too much for drinks.

Better off just goin to the bar.

Spent 12 - 6 in the bar today. T'was a fun day. Lectures are on hold (well in my mind anyway)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

Rag Trip = maddness

I gave away my ticket. Well I will give it away when I bother my arse to get up.

Ah well.

Bar was fun last night. Cept for slim shady. Who I do like, but not for the duration of the night. I wanted to dance. Not listen to rap!

Advertisement