Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

On-campus accom during the summer?

• 04-02-2005 8:40pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭

Well whats the story with that.

I presume they will be no shortage of it as the place will be dead but i want to know will they offer it at a discount to try and fill places.

(UCC offer half price as far as i heard) so can i expect anything like this from them??

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

I know they rent out College park during the summer, tho I'd say the prices are HIGHER cuz there is a demand for them. AFAIK its like people on holliers and whatnot.

I could be totally wrong tho. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

They charge a hell of a lot more during the summer for campus accommodation. They turn it into a hotel-like place for the summer. A room with a double bed costs around €75 a night, while a room with a single bed costs around €50. That was what the price was last year anyway, roughly. It's not worth staying there really during the summer coz it's too expensive.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Jesus you serious!!
    They do the same in UCC but AT HALF price. Who would want to stay here during the summer like!

Ill have to make formal enquiries though. There has to be some knd of deal for post grad students!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

The Section 50 almost-on-campus accommodation is cheaper in the summer as far as I know...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

jank wrote:
    Jesus you serious!!
    They do the same in UCC but AT HALF price. Who would want to stay here during the summer like!

Ill have to make formal enquiries though. There has to be some knd of deal for post grad students!

Not sure about the post grad residences, but the normal residences (College Park, etc.) are run as a hotel. They don't do discounts for students at all.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

OFDM wrote:
    The Section 50 almost-on-campus accommodation is cheaper in the summer as far as I know...

Where is that?
    Is there a link to it somewhere??

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Accomadation is incredibly hard to come by on res during the summer. CTYI have a lot of it booked for a good 6 weeks at least. Foreign students have it booked for the rest of the summer really. We thought it'd be possible to do and looked into it two years ago but by mid-semester 2 it was all booked out aside from a week here and there.

There's a link somewhere on the DCU page (probably accomadation section) to prices and bookings and availability checks. I saw it sometime during the summer just gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

jank wrote:
    Where is that?
    Is there a link to it somewhere??
    # For information on short term/summer lettings email aoife.osullivan@dcu.ie

Section 50 student developments:
    # Botanic House
    Botanic Road
    Glasnevin
    Dublin 9
    http://www.botanichouseapartments.com

# The Belfry
    365 Collins Avenue
    Dublin 9
    01 283 1896/086 818 7230
    email: belfry@visit.ie

# Shanowen Hall