Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roots Manuva - Awfully Deep

Options
  • 04-02-2005 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭

Anyone else picked it up yet?

I've only listened to it a couple of times now and I love it. Same old Roots Manuva, but it's different from his last two. I don't know how to really explain that but it just seems like the whole album has a dark streak running through it.
    Great album, highly recommend it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

Yer, i've acquired it and given it the once over. It's the first of his albums that's i've heard, but have some other stuff that he has guested on, such as the cinematic orchestra etc. I quite like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Have been meaning to pick this up, but forgot.
    Thanks for the reminder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭col22

shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭The Fitz

impr0v wrote:
    Yer, i've acquired it and given it the once over. It's the first of his albums that's i've heard, but have some other stuff that he has guested on, such as the cinematic orchestra etc. I quite like it.
    OI! Ive only heard Colosal Insight but its class.

fitzer666 wrote:
    OI! Ive only heard Colosal Insight but its class.
    its shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

yore shíte

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭big syke

ur well ignorant u prob havent heard it so ye ur pretty much the sh1te one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

not much love for manuva especially since he's not bringing mia over to support him in dublin. booo

-adnans & co

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

Col, a life time of insightful comments.
    Regarding Jay-Z and Linkin Park
    i tink they sound all rite together!
    His favourite song
    Mine is multiply by xzibit, i just love the bass in the background. brilliant song!!!!!
    On Roots Manuva
    its shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No offence kiddo, but you should probably limit yourself to Chingy and Fabulous threads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

What's wrong with xzibit dawg? I don't see no Roots Manuva presenting a prime show on MTV. Y'all just hating on him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭big syke

His favourite song

On Roots Manuva

No offence kiddo, but you should probably limit yourself to Chingy and Fabulous threads.

well said!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

Isn't there a dark streak behind most of his albums? I like his stuff but it's hardly uplifting :)

I've listened to a few tracks and didn't like it too much. I loved brand new second hand straight away but run come save me took a few listens to get into it, hopefully it's the same with this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

I like the album but I don't think it's as "classic" as his others.
    What I'm trying to say is it's good, and it's clever, witty, lots of self insight etc etc but it's not as enjoyable a listen as Brand New Secondhand.
    The way he raps on it is deffinitley different from things like Witness and Juggle Tings Proper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

His favourite song

On Roots Manuva

:D
    spot on, you beat me to it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ChRoMe

FX: please dont use those wiggerisims it makes you look like a tool. I dont think the fact that xzibit presents a show on MTV gives him more musical credability?

big syke wrote:
    ur well ignorant u prob havent heard it so ye ur pretty much the sh1te one
    actually i have heard it a good few times aswell so shut up!
    its shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiite!

His favourite song

On Roots Manuva

oi its my opinion y do u care?it seems like everyone doesnt care bout wat ithink around here?

FX Meister wrote:
    What's wrong with xzibit dawg? I don't see no Roots Manuva presenting a prime show on MTV. Y'all just hating on him.
    well said at least someone has the same opinion as me although i dont like xzibit cause he presents pimp my ride its because i like his songs!

Sarcasm, look it up chief.

• Advertisement

ChRoMe wrote:
    FX: please dont use those wiggerisims it makes you look like a tool. I dont think the fact that xzibit presents a show on MTV gives him more musical credability?
    Well isn't hating a baseball term? And what's wrong with saying dawg, dawg. Don't be bitch ass tripping with the OG or I'll bust a cap in yo punk ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

Back on topic :
    Just listening to the album now, its not as catchy or up beat as his other ones, but i quite like it. There doesnt seem to be anyone stand out tune though, more of a constant flow and definitely agree with you Can Ox about a darker theme.

col22:
    "its shiiiiiiiiiiite" isnt opinion, its a statement, and your opnion isnt respected because in general your threads are insipid gibberish paying homage to mainstream mtv crap.
    saying "I think its shiiiiite" would be opinion, which people would ignore and move on from without flaming you for thinking you're an authority on whats good and bad in music.

Advertisement