Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Ripwave + Wireless Router

Options
  • 04-02-2005 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I have an Ethernet Ripwave from Irish Broadband. When I connect the Ripwave directly to my PC, I get download speeds of around 50KB per second - which is cool. But when I connect the Ripwave to the Internet (WAN) port of my Wireless router (CNet CWR-500), I only get download speeds of around 1KB - 2KB per second. It is what looks like a well dodgy intenet connection.

I can't find anything more to configure on my router, but something must be wrong with it. I don't see why it shouldn't work both ways. Am I missing something? Has anyone else had similar problems when using a Ripwave with a wireless router?

Thanks a million,

-adam

Advertisement