Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U.TV internet

Options
  • 04-02-2005 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭

is their broadband any good?

tenner cheaper per month than eircom or esat, and 4 months free...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

ya its good, try it for the free trial peroid and see ehat you think of it, bigger cap to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

you'll still have to pay line rental to eircom but the bill will still be cheaper.
    Also ping arent as good as eircom but still good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Zynks

I heard that you can rent the lines from them also, and the rental cost (same as Eircom) includes free national and UK calls in evening and weakends, for calls upto 1 hour long each. Has anyone tried this deal out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭john_g83

I have had it for the last 6 months and find it great. You have to change phone companies from eircom...but our phone bill have gone down since we switched. Only thing is their technical support is chronic, have tried to call them 3 times and each time was on hold for over 20 mins before giving up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Broadband isnt too bad.. at times... but as mentioned the tech support is dire and I've found recently that their billing dept isnt much better

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

john_g83 wrote:
    I have had it for the last 6 months and find it great. You have to change phone companies from eircom...but our phone bill have gone down since we switched. Only thing is their technical support is chronic, have tried to call them 3 times and each time was on hold for over 20 mins before giving up.

On their own admission they are having a lot of problems with the telephone/support service due to staff shortages and training. And they admitted to having stopped deaing wtih email queries - not sure if this is still the case. One of their saving graces over the other isps is there is additional contact with customers through the utv support group (news.utvinternet.com is the server)

without that I think they would really have nothing to offer over the other isps except of course for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

is their broadband any good?

tenner cheaper per month than eircom or esat, and 4 months free...

go with esat, as u get another fiver off if u accept online billing and 8euro off if u go with line rental and 1 months free line rental. utv seem to be crap if u break the cap. one guy here was charged over 200euro for 1 month and all he did was 17 gig on a 8gig cap. crazy :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭McSpud

Just started with UTV (1 month thru christmas for connection) & no problems so far. Course i have nothing to compare against. Phone line seems clearer now for some reason though...

Only point i'd have against UTV is they just email when router sent saying i should ensure person at address on days 1 & 2. Luckily courier rang in advance so could change to work address.

Friend said he changed from eircom to utv recently & still no bill 2 months later.

Are not UTV, Esat & Eircom using all the same lines & equipment?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

McSpud wrote:
    Are not UTV, Esat & Eircom using all the same lines & equipment?

Yes and no:) I am sure some of the teccy people on here will explain it better but slowly but surely it has emerged that while the basic line into your house is of coure Eircom's and some of the other stuff is too along the way UTV have what they call their ''provider'' (Energis) and they also use some of Esat's network as well. For instance during some technical difficuties recently some UTV customers were briefly transferred to the Esat network and a while ago Esat ran short of bandwidth and it also affected UTV's customers.

Advertisement