Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everwood/One Tree Hill on TG4

Options
  • 04-02-2005 2:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Does anyone have any idea whe Everwood or One Tree Hill will start again on TG4? THe OC started recently and there has been no mention of these shows yet.
    Any ideas??

Chris Moltisanti

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

Well Tg4 told me in an email that OTH was starting in January, but they obviously lied. I'm just gonna wait for E4 to show it. Adleast they know how to advertise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

I've been wondering the same -- usually 'Everwood' is back on TG4 quickly, but so far no sign of it :(

TG4 repeated the final 2 episodes of S1 'One Tree Hill' in mid-January, and I thought they'd go straight into S2 after that, but again, no dice.

I'm quite annoyed @ TG4, because at the moment they're repeating 'The O.C', 'Cold Case' & 'Nip/Tuck' loads of times, yet they haven't put on either 'Everwood' or OTH. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Macca21

Whats the email address for TG4. I emailed some scheduling woman last week asking when OTH was returning but didn't get an answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

A friend e-mailed them and they told him they wouldnt be back until the summer...One Tree Hill will probably take the OC's spot once it finishes its season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

tvnutz wrote:
    A friend e-mailed them and they told him they wouldnt be back until the summer...One Tree Hill will probably take the OC's spot once it finishes its season.

Very poor form, TG4! It should be aiming to have both shows back before their return to E4 and Living. Both also have more than enough episodes in the can to begin uninterrupted runs now (indeed, they could have done that back in January...) Everwood is taking a break now for the return of 'Summerland', but TG4 could still have that from before Christmas and taken the same break the US have (as the Everwood storyline reaches a peak, and I always think a break in these things is worthwhile to let the story gestate.)

Overall, for shame, TG4. You've botched! (You could try LESS OC/Cold Case repeats for a start...)

• Advertisement

Still TG4 have CC,Nip/Tuck,Without a Trace and the OC before anyone else.Id say they will have Everwood and One Tree Hill before any other channel.

what about the wire season 2 and carnivale season 2?

They're missing the boat on Carnivale too, by leaving it too long (though FX289 won't be starting that until September, so it's very likely TG4 will be first with it.)

If they leave OTH and Everwood much longer though, OTH is bound to arrive on E4 first (late April) and Everwood on LivingTV (May). Quite stupid, really, considering TG4 had Everwood s2 and OTH s1 in January last year. Inconsistent, and a mistake to have too many new series running in the summer months when less people watch TV.

i dunno,maybe one tree hill and everwood dont do as well for them as the other shows. ive seen all of everwood so far anyway but no one tree hill. and i dont think C4/E4 will show OTH until the summer,or even the end of summer.thats what they have been saying anyway.

E4 originally planned to return OTH in late-April. Summer is Big Brother 6's run and it'd be a mistake to pile in too many new shows then, as repeats are fewer. Lost is also due to kick off on Ch4/E4 in early summer.

OTH has had a pretty poor second season drama-wise in any case. I'm almost surprised it was picked up; certainly nowhere near the standard of the first. Everwood, on the other hand, has had a better third year than its second, which was lacklustre in places. (Though the addition of Scott Wolf is still unfathomable.)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

tvnutz wrote:
    what about the wire season 2 and carnivale season 2?
    They've already shown The Wire - Season 2. Ya mean Season 3? Dunno yet.

• Advertisement

have tg4 already show the wire season 2? damn,im watchin season 1 on FX289 and was hopin to go straight into season 2 on Tg4 :p

doh.ie : C4 have lost planned for late summer,OTH as well probably.

tvnutz wrote:
    doh.ie : C4 have lost planned for late summer,OTH as well probably.

Which makes it three the number of times Lost has been shoved around now (originally last week in January - replaced by Point Pleasant?! - , then before Big Brother, now *after* Big Brother.) OTH was originally due in April; they now seem to have put it post-BB as well. Very odd. At this rate, people will be better off buying the DVD altogether.

Still cannot, cannot fathom why this hasn't turned up on Irish terrestrial television...

ye its annoying,there is a thread at the C4 boards where you can ask C4 questions,thats where ive been getting it from anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Krissy

2nd Series of One Tree Hill is starting back on TG4 June 26th 05 at 9.05pm..got a reply to an email I sent them.

Cheers, Krissy - wonder what took them so long... Same with Everwood. Very bizarre. Both seasons will have already finished by over a month in the US by then.

In terms of what to expect, Everwood has a strong season, much better and stronger in the second half. But OTH has decended into soap suds - like the OC, a very weak second year after a pretty decent (and realistic) debut year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

Living are starting their usual fly through of 'Joan of Arcadia' (season 2, five episodes a week) on Monday, then they usually do the same with the latest season of Everwood. Normally TG4 has well finished up Everwood before Living aired it, but this year it looks like Living's run will start roughly the same time as TG4... five episodes a week, or just one a week? :rolleyes:

Advertisement