Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Band forming

Options
  • 03-02-2005 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

Hi, I'm gettin a band together and was wonderin if there are any spare male singers (I know disgustingly sexist but we'll be doin covers of doors and bluesy stuff) or any decent lead guitarists out there. Influences include: the doors, led zeppelin and pink floyd. We're hopefully gonna be very ecclectic and experimental so anything goes as far as our own stuff. Hope to make some good jazz, some blues, reggae and of course some rock'n'roll tracks. Based in south Dublin and so far all of us are in fourth year. cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭cjs19

sounds interesting, into all those bands, and need an excuse to be as cocky as morrisson or plant onstage. im classically trained and can do all the high notes, just prefer that raunchy blues stuff, gimme a 12 bar and lemme scream. write my own stuff, play guitar, piano too but prefer to concentrate on singing.19yrs, south dub, lemme knw whatya think.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Cousin it

sounds great but we are three years younger than you so if its ok with you then hell yeah. we're kinda just gettin off the ground so our level might be below you're expectations :o . where in south dub you at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 the_count

Pink Floyd as influence and no girl voices? :eek:

:D

I play guitar, but can't sing to save my life... :p

the_count wrote:
    Pink Floyd as influence and no girl voices? :eek:

:D

I play guitar, but can't sing to save my life... :p

No girl voices for lead. what stuff you into and a/s/l etc. etc. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 the_count

Cousin it wrote:
    No girl voices for lead. what stuff you into and a/s/l etc. etc. :confused:

I'm into pretty much everything. :)

Can't play everything, though, but getting there... :p (slowly...)

What's a/s/l etc ??? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭2+2=5

a/s/l is kiddies way of saying, age sex location

no, its just efficient, shít stirrer!

Advertisement