Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i-River? where would you buy one from?

Options
  • 03-02-2005 1:44pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭

hey all,

just wondering where ye located a decent site/shop that vends these wodeful machines? i'm thinking of buying a H120 if i can find one.

or could ye reccommend anoth player with an optical line in function and external mic function???

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭GetOffMyPatch

I bought mine on eBay but have also seen them in Peats

http://www.peats.ie/cgi-bin/shop/db.cgi?view=1&id=7568&type=6&path=10x4180x512

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Harvey Norman have them aswell, but online would be cheapest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

i just rang both of them and they say that they don't have them as they are not made any more and only had the the h320 for €369

that Peats price of €300 is the cheapest i've seen
    the next cheapest i've found is Amazon for €308 with delivery

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

thanks for that i mailed peats and they claim to have them in, might pop by this evening!the H120

thanks again all round any comments on

bastids! they told me they didn't have them so i ordered it off their site
    now waiting for a confirmation
    if you get the last one goatboy this means war!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

go to www.mx2.co.uk for best prices on iRiver!!
    you can get the IHP-120 for €317 delivered. Pointless considering you can get the 40GB version for another €27@€344 delivered.

Then you have the choice, do you want a 20gb photo/video/music player for €315 delivered (no optical, but it does have recording, even from radio)

or do you want to spend another €91 on the 40gb version of it.

Check this page out and have a look

eh my previous post is cheaper

Yeah I know, but I think getting the H-120 is quite pointless anyway. Considering you can get the H-320 for about €17 more and the 40G H-1XX for €43 more!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Doodah7

DID Electric in Tallaght are selling the irver H120 for €299. Far better that the H320 imo. Much lighter etc.

Do you think? But the H320 can view photos and play videos.

Not that much difference in size in the grand scale of things either. They will both either fit, or not fit into a particular pocket. One isn't so much bigger/smaller than the other that there will be any difference in such a circumstance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Surely anyone would want it over the H-120 though? For an extra €17 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I wouldnt swap my H120 for a H320 if you paid me the €17, no optical out on the H320, and no remote with that MX model

Peats and dixons had the 120 for €300 which is the cheapest I have seen. Get them if you can, they are selling above the retail price on ebay nowadays.

Unfortunately I don't have the right speakers to user optical out on my H140:( is it worth investing? I don't really use the remote either but the H3XX has its own remote, only available in Korea so far though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

DID and Peats seem to have stock of the H-120's now. How much use is the
    optical in/out feature anyway. I have nothing I would use the optical out for. The only significant differences are the remote on the H-120/140 and that they can record into WAV.

Personally while I have no use for the dire video feature, I just like the look of the black H320/340's better. Lack of a remote is a pain, though the remote from the H120/140s work in it. The USB hub feature is more useful though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Theres a shop of grafton street, heading to dawson street direction that has the h120 in stock for 300.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Theres a shop of grafton street, heading to dawson street direction that has the h120 in stock for 300.

Mr Calculator I presume. Amazed they have it at that price. They are usually expensive for most things.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

got the H10 last week from the Uk on preorder from www.advancedmp3players.co.uk

Komplett.ie will have them in order soon !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Not to bash the h320 or h340 but the photo and video elements seem to me to be just gimmicks. It takes nearly ten seconds to diplay a picture for goodness sake!!!

I'm absolutely delighted with my H120. The remote was really handy on the bus this morning. Never took the player out of my pocket.

i bought the last one in Mr Calculator yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

how much ws it?

it was €320 but i said feck it i could buy it online for €300 but i can't be bothered to go through all the waiting i want it now!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

got my H120 in Peats last week for 300, worth every penny, i didn't want a H3xx or anything else that can play videos... in all fairness what comfort can you get from staring at a tiny screen, i wanted an optical in for recording concerts from a soundboard, at a nice high mp3 birate which means the H120 is perfect i love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

comparison between H120 and H320 http://fun.musicsg.com/Article132.htm

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Advertisement