Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it Possible to do this?

Options
  • 03-02-2005 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭

I have the Ripwave modem and find it quite slow in Firhouse however my brother in Dundrum is interested in getting it. To ensure the connection is not as slow as mine, is it possible for me to install the software on his pc and test out the modem there to see what sort of speeds he'd get? Or would IBB detect its coming from a different location??

Any help appreciated!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Eglinton

Depends on whether your connection has been set to Nomadic or not. If you move the modem and it's not nomadic then you won't be able to connect to the nearest transceiver unless of course it's the same one you connect to. If it is nomadic it will try to lock on to the strongest signal. The only way to really know is to try it. As IBB will not be too helpful. I suggest tryin it in his house first and see what happens. You might completely screw your own connection if they start messing with which tranceiver you're connected to.

Advertisement