Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB - Three Rock

Options
  • 02-02-2005 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

I have Breeze 1MB and am connected to Three Rock. In the beginning i used to get around 80/90 k/s however For the past week my speeds have died off, maxing out at 30. Is any1 else on three rock having these same problems or is it just me? Rang IBB and they say im still in the contention ratio, but i aint paying nearly 50 euros a month for supped up isdn speeds :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

in cork 1 meg breeze having probs all night and all last week. Pings were grand over weekend, they gave me a new ip and new gateway still though getting lag spikes.. bad ones, so I don't know. Try asking for a different router but the sandyford router and the 2 routers before it are very spiky on my tracert. Its hell atm, they upgraded my router according to them anyway. Don't know what they playing. Their routers are spiky too, esb rte and ix ones anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Im on the Ripwave service, getting it from 3rock, but i think there are so many people connected to 3rock that the speed is slow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

Gf has 1mb breeze off three rock. its not bad, i expected to see downloads of at least 70/80KB/s but as the others have posted its a measly 30KB/s.

pings to say ftp.heanet.ie are fine. Their international traffic seems really crap right now.

Duno though.

Paul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

yup, international traffic is buggered. My advice, ring em up and complain. I've been doing that, but the more voices the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

Looking better since last night. Few outages last night around 1/2am.

Getting 80/90KB/s now.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 enno

Breeze Home 512 3 Rock

From a box on the continent where I have shell account:
    --- ns1.irishbroadband.ie ping statistics ---
    50 packets transmitted, 49 packets received, 2% packet loss
    round-trip min/avg/max = 35.4/36.5/87.0 ms

From my end of my link to 3 Rock
    --- ns1.irishbroadband.ie ping statistics ---
    50 packets transmitted, 48 received, 4% packet loss, time 68177ms
    rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 10.879/36.298/186.237/34.265 ms, pipe 2

Note how consistent RTT is from the continent, while at home it's all
    over the place. Loss rate of 4% is better than I have been getting
    recently. I've seen 21%.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Breeze 1MB where I am is at 120kB/s

:E

Mate two doors down gets those speeds anyway. Which is why I'll be getting that :)

btw, what contention ratio are you on?

[Edit: I mention this because I can see Three Rock from my door, I'm at the bottom of the Dublin Mts, so I'm presuming that's my area's mast).

• Registered Users Posts: 26 enno

CuLT wrote:
    btw, what contention ratio are you on?
    20:1 is what I signed up to, and what's shown on the invoices.
    I'm unconvinced.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭enigma_b17

im on a contention ratio of 20:1, but i mean im getting nothing higher then 30k/s , and im so not paying €50 a month for a supped up isdn connection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

20:1 contention actually guarantees you 6kBytes/sec (give or take) if i calculate correctly. So 30kB/sec actually is similar to 4:1 contention :p

edit: unless of course you meant 30kbits/sec, which is quite a bit slower than 56k... and no-where near as fast as souped up isdn :P

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Right, I've seen 8:1 on the form for sign up, that's what my mate ticked when he signed up. Apparently quite a big difference so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

I've gotta be honest, I'm on three rock with a meg a second connection and I'm getting up to 600 kilobits per second. That's pretty constant and I've got around 10 pc's using it at once.. I'm getting no problems with ibb, but at the start the only problem was actually getting connected at all, but now that's not a problem.

Advertisement