Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aluminium Tube

Options
  • 02-02-2005 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

Hi All

Im looking for an Aluminium tube 6m length x 35mm diameter

I have searched all usual places like DIY / builders supplies / plumbing supplies and have come up with nothing. Aluminium suppliers cant even help. They only sell parts for windows and doors!!!

Does anyone know anywhere in Dublin that sells aluminium tubes / pipes either to trade or to the public. The 35mm diameter is important but not really the length.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭edmund_f

try www.goldenpages.ie under steel stockholders?.. try Impact in dublin, if they do not have what you are looking for, they probably know somwone who does

what is the application for the tube?, perhaps stainless steel may be more readily available?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭starman100

Go to http://www.radionics.ie and type "aluminium tube" in the search box. It should give you some stock numbers, 1 1/2" might have to do you instead of 35mm. Radionics can send you the stuff straightaway if you give them a credit card no.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭useeme

what are u using it for?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Real

Its for my Electronic Drum Racking system.

When transporting the system recently the 3 longest tubes went missing. I have 90% of the rack but these 3 parts are vital to make it stand. The makers of the rack 'yamaha' dont sell the tubes seperately so I need something to replace them. The clamps that hold the system together will only take a tube with a diameter of 35mm'ish plus the colour needs to be fairly close to black to make the thing look ok. I could always spray paint something if the colour didnt match.

Steel wont do for weight reasons unless it was strong but light.

Any ideas anyone?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Real wrote:
    Hi All

The 35mm diameter is important but not really the length.

Cheers
    That's what all the women say...... ;)

• Advertisement

Thanks for the reply rayman100 buy redionics didnt have the right diameter tube.

Does anyone else know where I can buy aluminum tubes??

Please help!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Try Healy Metals, they used to be on Pearse st, but may have moved. Very good people helped me out with a project a long time ago

I cant find any number / address for Healy metals. They may have closed / moved

Anyone else know anywhere to but a 35mm aluminum / steel / chrome tube?? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭useeme

Try GBS in sallymount avenue in Ranelagh.

I have got 35mm chrome plated copper from them before.

Beware its very expensive.

Hi All

Ive tried all the places you have suggested but no joy yet. I have revised my size to 1 and a 1/2 inch diameter (38.1mm). 1meter lengths. I'll use chrome, steel, aluminum etc

Anyone got any more ideas I havent tried??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Fionn101

Leslie Reynolds over by the east wall road, they are the right hander at the pub before the port entrance. most likely in the phone book, they should have it.

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

You could try Heitons on the Naas Rd, the have a good selection of steel tubing.

Depending on how strong it has to be, PH Ross on the Old Cabra Rd or Dublin Providers would more than likely have 1 1/2" copper and should be able to get chrome because it's used for waste pipes in hospitals.

Beechfield Healthcare, Blackrock might have chrome tubing, they supply hand rails etc.

All should be in the phone book.

Hi All

Thanks for the advice. I finally found the exact size tube from a company in Callan, Co Kilkenny. They were black steel which do the job just fine. The owner even gave them to me for free saying they were so small they were bearly worth anything!!!!

So in future everyone looking for tubes (like it happens often ;) ) go to Tube Rollers in Kilkenny

Cheers

Real

Advertisement