Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any hiphop/r&b clubs in cork?

Options
  • 02-02-2005 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Anyone know any hiphop/r&b clubs/pubs in cork............would be nice to dance to something I like the sound of.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

From www.irishbeats.com

Thursdays:

The 4 Elements of Hip Hop
    Clancys Late Bar, Marlboro St. Cork.
    22.30 - late
    DJ's- John Barry & Alan Kennedy

Breakdancers - The Rythm Rebels

Rappers - GMC & guests

Graffiti - Gwiz

• Registered Users Posts: 8 70%coco

Thanks Ay Cee, gona check it out.....never expected to see clancy's hosting hip/hop night,Very curious..............always a good thing! Know theres a few clubs around too,recomend any in particular???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

Not to "hip" to the Cork scene Coco to be honest. I think there's something called Jam Fridays At Fast Eddies. Dunno where that is.

Tuki is playing at The Elements night soon. Also I think we're (The Gudmen) are supposed to be playing there at the end of the month .

• Registered Users Posts: 8 70%coco

Used to have the best night out at Jam when it was in the Savoy,had a fabulous atmosphere,not too much sleeze so loads of time for dancing ",
    .....I'd heard it moved to Fast Eddies......... so I suppose I should just go C 4 myself.Am gona check out Elements though....hav'nt heard of the acts u mentioned so It'll be interresting and fun I hope.Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭StevieG

Yes Jam is now in Fast Eddies (since last July). It's myself and Colm Kenefick on the decks upstairs with hip-hop/soul/r&b/dancehall/reggae etc. We had Collie guesting last week and forthcoming guests include Cork rappers GMC and the Dutch Gold Kid aswell as Mikki Dee live with Tuki and Captain Kirk.
    Downstairs Jam now hosts a hip-hop pre-party in Bar Rumba where Djs such as G Swift, Teknique, Bling Chee and lots more keep us entertained alongside the best Cork MC's.
    For the Under 18's the hugely successful Jam Junior returns to the Savoy on March 24th with myself and Susie K being joined by the some of the finest upcoming r&b and hip-hop talent in Cork!
    Jam, It's not just for Bread! :cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement