Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Utv Broadband problem

Options
  • 02-02-2005 2:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hello, everybody i am new to this forum
    i have utv clicksilver broadband and everytime i connect to the internet the bytes recieved and sent just keeps going up for no apparent reason and i cannot go to ne websites or should i say it takes me 2 mins to load yahoo.com (my homepage) then try to go on another website it just takes hours to load and then suddenly says page cannot be displayed
    also ping is at 100% loss wot does dat mean
    can ne one help me i wud seriously appreciate it
    thnx plzz reply
    ps i thought they won award for best internet service provider but thier customer care sucks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

How long have you been with Clicksilver? Is this a new connection or has the problem just started?

I suggest that you post your problem in the UTV support group. The server is news.utvinternet.com and then utv support.

You could also try emailing carl@u.tv giving full details of your problem. He is normally very good at solving problems.

You could also try using the proxy 195.218.116.28 3128 some people find that they need this. (In internet explorer you need to go to tools/internet options/connections/lan settings and you insert it there.

Their telephone customer care is on their own admission having problems due to staffing issues at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Fish05

Hey there,

I was with UTV too for their 3 month trial and it wasn't great at all (I've left them since) the customer service / tech support is utter crud! but this time it may not be them, if you have virus / spy ware on your pc it can often eat your capacity the second it detects your internet connection.

This happened to my mates pc (he blames the special 'sports' websites he used to visit and download from and I managed to clean it up for him.

Do you have updated anti virus software? if not you can download a stinger from mcafee.com (free) which will search for about 40 of the most common. here is a link cos its hard enough to find on the site:
    http://us.mcafee.com/virusInfo/default.asp?path=/virusInfo/virusRemoval/Stinger.asp

The spyware program I used came off the cover cd of a pc mag but I'm sure you could get something free off download.com

last of all get your security updates / service packs from microsoft.com but stay away from SP2 if you have winXP (or at least dont use their firewall) cos it seem to upset it more.

let me know how you get on ..... Talkin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 JoeY4145

thnx for the help
    i will try and do these things when i get home
    i hope it works
    if neone else can help i wud seriously appreciate it

Advertisement