Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winsave

Options
  • 02-02-2005 2:00pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Lads
    Was looking at tinternet there the last night and came across this, what do ye think.
    I have a contact name, he is based in NI and I am not sure if he will supply the unit for our own spark to install or not.
    It is looking at about 1200 sterling ex VAT but to me it looks like a great job.

See what ye think

http://techdigestuk.typepad.com/tech_digest/2005/01/windsave_turbin.html
    http://www.windsave.com/product.htm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Goll Mac Morna

Yop,
    Was looking into this myself just before Christmas
    (It plugs into one of the ring Circuits of your house does it?)
    and was getting all 'geared up' and enthusiastic about getting one for the new house we hope to start building this year until I read somewhere that the real benefit of small turbines like WINDSAVE or this one
    www.renewabledevices.com
    was minimal and to get real benefit you would need a really big one + Inverter + batteries etc.@ approx €10,000 which is a big investment in anyone's money.

I agree with you that the 30% saving would be brilliant, and am still considering getting one of these--especially considering my latest ESB bill was in the region of €200 .

Could you send me the details of the contact in the North please as I would be interested in talking to them.

Goll

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

No bother lad, ya I am not sure what to do, I am reading from UK that it is the dogs but I am not 100% sure,
    Does it mean your house has to be wired in a special way? to incorporate this unit??

I will pm u his details

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Macy

yop wrote:
    No bother lad, ya I am not sure what to do, I am reading from UK that it is the dogs but I am not 100% sure,
    Does it mean your house has to be wired in a special way? to incorporate this unit??

I will pm u his details
    Isn't there some scheme in the UK that you can feed the national grid back to lessen your costs further? i.e. savings for the power you use, and then further savings by supplying back to the grid...

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Macy don't talk to me, this fuppin country drives me mad

In UK for Geothermal you get a grant of 1200 sterling in Ireland you get ZERO!
    In UK for WindSave you get grant for 300 sterling, in Ireland guess what, u get ZERO!!
    In Uk you sell ROCS to the government, now it may only be 70 sterling a year BUT in Ireland you get......... ZERO!!!

BTW - ROCS are units of renewable energy. In UK the Goverment are commited by the EU to create so many ROCs of energy each year from Windfarms and the likes, what they do is also use the WindSave in your house and use the ROCS that you generate to add to their own count. You are not selling electric directly but you are saving the government by producing your own energy

• Registered Users Posts: 21,434 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Not to hijack the thread, or anything, but do any of you know whether there are any grant systems in place in Ireland for solar energy panels of any kind? When I lived in Holland they even gave a grant for people to switch their CH boilers to high-efficiency condensing types.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

Alun,

There are no grants in Ireland. UK grants are available if you live in the north.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

was minimal and to get real benefit you would need a really big one + Inverter + batteries etc.@ approx €10,000 which is a big investment in anyone's money.Goll

I've also been told that you'll have to replace the batteries every few years and they aren't cheap.

Advertisement