Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOL - Grrrrr!!!

Options
  • 02-02-2005 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

Dont know if this is the right place for this. Has anyone had any trouble signing up for IOL's broadband plus package? I applied online over 3 weeks ago and still nothing. Iv been in touch several times and been told that they need to re-enter my order or something. Vary frustrating. Similar experiences anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Moved IoffL > Broadband

You'll find there are quite a few people in your position!! Hopefully you'll get there in the end!!

.cg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭shakenbake

Yep, I had the *exact* same experience. They are hardly running a business as far as I can see. They should be bloody ashamed of themselfs.

The first time I inquired about BB they took my details and said they'd send me out some information. It never arrived. One week later I phoned again, they have no record of the call but said they'd send it out to me. It never arrived. I called up fairly aggitated a third time and was told it would definitly come to me this time. I ended up getting a BLANK envelope in the post !

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Devious

Its becoming a real pain in the ass. A guy who works with my friend lives about half a mile from us and in the same period of time has signed up for Ripwave, didnt like it, cancelled his subscription and switched to NTL. At least I have somebodys name in esat now, so I gues il just keep harrassing him until he does whatever incredibly complicated thing he needs to do to get me connected.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

i had the exact same thing happen
    6 weeks of "no order was placed" "we lost the order"

imho they are idiots, go with eircom theyll have you set up in a week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

I'm down to ringing them every single day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

Grrr.. IOL indeed. Down to ringing them everyday. Here's something funny.

* According to esatbt.com new orders take up to 15 days.
    * According to Esat BT Customer CAre, broadband relocation can take up to 21 days.

So logically, it takes longer to relocate an existing broadband account, than it does to order a new one. Why!!!

So I checked the line of the place I was moving into, just so happens someone had done a line check 2 weeks previous. Nice one, no waiting around so.. how wrong was I?

Filled out several forms in triplicate, deeds of house, car, birth certs of unborn children, letter to Millhouse for 1 soul.. Sent off.. Black hole.. Resent, made it..

So 3 weeks later, and Im still waiting. Its due this Friday, but to be honest, I dont hold much hope...

So here's the email I sent them..
    Hello,

This issue is not being resolved to my satisfaction. Bear with me
    while I explain.

I called your help line last Tuesday (23/01) and spoke to an agent who
    was very helpful. Informed me that there was a note on my account
    stating that my order was being processed and that it was due for
    completion that day (23/01), or the next day at the latest. I also
    asked re: reimbursement for unavailability of service during the
    relocation period. I was delighted to hear that I could call Customer
    Care, speak to a girl called Aisling, and that she would re-credit me.
    Perfect, I thought.

Tuesday/Wednesday last week, no service. I appreciated that you were
    under a lot of strain with new broadband orders etc, so patiently
    waited until today, to call back.

The agent today informed me that my order could take up to another
    week to process. Pardon? Not only that, when I tried to re-confirm
    that I would not be charged for this relocation, I was informed that I
    would be - subject to the terms & conditions of my agreement etc. This
    was totally not what I expected. I'm not in the business of having
    irate telephone conversations, so again, I accepted this, under the
    pretence that my broadband would be sorted.

In retrospect, this is dire customer service. If our customers were to
    expect this type of service from agents, then I'd be appalled. Not
    only am I without broadband for nearly 4 weeks, I'm actually paying
    for this outage as well? Surely priority MUST be given to relocation
    requests, and that they NOT be treated as NEW accounts? What happened
    to customer loyalty etc? Why should I pay you for another year or
    whatever, if I can expect that my loyalty wont be rewarded?

While I do admit that the broadband service you offer is (technically)
    excellent, and the savings that you 'claim' you proffer over Eircom
    are very appealing, the intangible benefits of customer loyalty on
    your behalf are virtually non-existent. How do you hope to compete
    with the wireless broadband offerings that are popping up left, right,
    and centre - if you cant get the essentials right? Surely your
    customer service, given that you're a reputable global organisation,
    would outweigh any financial offering that your competitors provide?
    Apparently not.

I'm requesting a non-templated answer to the questions that I have
    raised above, please forward this email to someone who can do so.

So am I going mad? Does anyone else have this issue? Does anyone know who in ESAT I can contact about this ridiculous caveat in process?

Please please please help.. Im getting withdrawal symptoms here..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭dabhal

Grrr.. IOL indeed. Down to ringing them everyday. Here's something funny.

* According to esatbt.com new orders take up to 15 days.
    * According to Esat BT Customer CAre, broadband relocation can take up to 21 days.

So logically, it takes longer to relocate an existing broadband account, than it does to order a new one. Why!!!

So I checked the line of the place I was moving into, just so happens someone had done a line check 2 weeks previous. Nice one, no waiting around so.. how wrong was I?

Filled out several forms in triplicate, deeds of house, car, birth certs of unborn children, letter to Millhouse for 1 soul.. Sent off.. Black hole.. Resent, made it..

So 3 weeks later, and Im still waiting. Its due this Friday, but to be honest, I dont hold much hope...

So here's the email I sent them..

So am I going mad? Does anyone else have this issue? Does anyone know who in ESAT I can contact about this ridiculous caveat in process?

Please please please help.. Im getting withdrawal symptoms here..

Took them over 2 months to get me sorted. no mails no contact whatsoever to let me know whats happening, guy on the phone couldn't care less but now that it's in I have no probs except crap online gaming speeds.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Devious wrote:
    Dont know if this is the right place for this. Has anyone had any trouble signing up for IOL's broadband plus package? I applied online over 3 weeks ago and still nothing. Iv been in touch several times and been told that they need to re-enter my order or something. Vary frustrating. Similar experiences anyone?

Thankfully I am not an Esat/IOL customer. Its bad enough reading fairly regularly on here how incompetent their accounts department is but now this!!!

I have often wondered how such an incompetent company survives. I cannot understand how even if they offered the best bb service in the entire world anyone would want to sign with them given their inability over the years to run a proper accounting department.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

I suppose I cant really complain :p , it only took them 4 months to finally give me broadband... and when it finally came, it took them a further 4 days to have my account ready for me!!! Ehhh, you'd think after constant calls every 2 days they at least would have the account ready!!
    Of course, dont forget, the modem will take another further 3 days to come :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭loup

Also happened me..they lost my order twice and finally after shouting down the phone at a supervisor last week I got a letter in the post saying broadband order was in progress and should take up to 15 days...guess I could be waiting longer than that!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭tck

DITTO - waiting over two weeks and not even a phonecall.

A mate ordered a week before xmas and still hasn't heard anything

In saying this another mate ordered eircom last week and he's connected already!

Advertisement