Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

old hostel in manor street?

Options
  • 02-02-2005 11:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

hey you guys i was just wondering if somebody could tell me a bit more detail on the stabbing that happened in the old hostel on manor street.i know a refugee was stabbed but im just wondering if anybody could help me with some more info.greatly appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

I remember a mate of mine was a witness to it....and i remember that I went past the scene about a minute later in a bus on the way to the airport for my holliers but thats all i can tell ya!! Long time ago angel....you reopening the case??!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 angelbabe2112

not quite! bit freaky but actually living there. not from waterford but there in college and out lovely landlord decided not to inform us about this little incident. just really frreaky things have been happening in the house and then lately we were told about this murder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

who can you call

GHOSTBUSTERS

*i am bored

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

not quite! bit freaky but actually living there. not from waterford but there in college and out lovely landlord decided not to inform us about this little incident. just really frreaky things have been happening in the house and then lately we were told about this murder

Sheffs is haunted too....could be something about the area :eek:

not as freaky as shot glasses firing across the room from inside the cupboard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

Sounds interesting...

i wouldnt exactly call it interesting when your the one it fires at even though your at the opposite side of the room. or hearing people in the other shower singing even though theres noone there except yourself and no radio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭climaxer

Angelbabe - I vaguely remember that but why don't you do a search in the local newspaper archives. Waterford News & Star, Waterford Today and The Munster Express as far as I know all have archives online. Worth a try anyway. BTW I would freak out - you're a brave woman to be still there!

ive only got a bit of information from it tried the archives. some say it was in the house some say it was outside.all very vague.hell it even lists it as being a hostel even though it hasnt been one for the last 3 and half years.i know the story of why he was killed and all that just wanna try found out more bout the actual killing.not being morbid!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

Bloody hell.

That's maybe not pleasant place, but it really is interesting. How often does stuff happen, does it happen with some people and not others, etc.?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

ive only got a bit of information from it tried the archives. some say it was in the house some say it was outside.all very vague.hell it even lists it as being a hostel even though it hasnt been one for the last 3 and half years.i know the story of why he was killed and all that just wanna try found out more bout the actual killing.not being morbid!

If I am not mistaken, he was actually killed outside Joe McGrath's which is the photographer's alongside Shefflins. There was a row which took place in the hostel earlier on in the evening and carried over into shefflins. Things got heated inside shefflins and the guy who stabbed him went over to the hostel and got the knife and went back over to shefflins.

But I am certain that it happened outside on the other side of the road. That was the area which was sealed off by the gardai aswell. Hope this was of some help to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭IrishTW

HI ANGELBABE ;)

I knew the woman who lived there before it became a hostel .. was in the house a few times but thats maybe 12 years ago now .... err that's it!

btw, I'd have left yonks ago if I thought the place was haunted!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

I was studying for my exams about 4 or 5 doors up when it happend. Didn't hear a thing as the trafic noise had been pissing me off and I closed the window. The guy was stabbed across from the hostel near sheffs. He and the guy that stabbed him were living there. The murderer was a refugee as well. Loads of students etc have lived in that place ove the years..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭IrishTW

Did you know that the owner of that house was murdered (stabbed) in 1985?
    It happened in Tramore though, not in the house.

Advertisement