Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB - Want to order Breeze - question

Options
  • 31-01-2005 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Ok, so I've made the decision.
    My phone line fails all BB tests, so wireless is my only option.
    Ripwave is getting a battering and Breeze 1 MB seems to fit my needs.
    However, I emailed IBB today and they said they will arrange for a line of sight test once they receive all the application forms.
    This includes my signed contract and direct debit details.
    My ques is - if the line of sight test is unfavourable, is the contract still valid?
    Ok - if I cant get anything, I have them that the good is not of servicable quality, but if I can technically get it (but its pretty crap), can I cancel?
    Anyone else have similar fears, or am I just being paranoid coz of all the odd stuff I'm hearing about IBB?

Any other points I should sort out before going with Breeze?

thanks for your feedback

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Do you think some of those questions should be aimed at IBB perhaps?

From what remember, they will (a) not sign you up if you fail the LOS test (b) give you 7-day cool-off (possibly statutory).

This doesn't mean it's not going fall apart after 8 days and you're stuck for a year, of course. If you tell us what mast you're thinking of connecting to, I'm sure you can get some feedback from users in that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

thanks for ur reply blaster...
    I'm just compiling a rake of questions to ask IBB.
    I'm located in Dundrum, so I'd presume I'd be using the Leopardstown transmitter... or maybe the 3 Rock.
    Anyone have feedback from using breeze in this area?

Here's another qs I'm gonna ask... If I do use the leopardstown base, what if a new building / apartment block goes up within the next few months and blocks the line of sight, and no other transmitter is available?
    (This is actually highly likely due to the amount of buidling work going on around my area.)

I wonder if anyone else has had an episode with such a scenario?

Advertisement