Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superbowl live on UTV

Options
  • 31-01-2005 9:33pm
    Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,284 ✭✭✭✭

Great news if like me you don't have Sky Sports. Just noticed in the Irish Times today that UTV will be showing the game live on Sunday night. I've checked their website and the broadcast starts at 10.40pm and is presented by Gabby Logan and Gary Imlach.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

Anyone got the actual GMT kick-off time?
    thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 ronanm98

Hi, it's 11.30pm sharp after all the razmatazz!! Patriots will rock!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

First time it's live on terrestial tv in 15 years (and first time highlights from the play-offs were shown on terrestial tv in that time too) - I guess they're trying to see if there's enough interest to show a full season - would grab the old audience from 15 years ago and the new young crowd...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

ronanm98 wrote:
    Hi, it's 11.30pm sharp after all the razmatazz!! Patriots will rock!!! :D

so it's punting off at that time, class i'll be able to stay up

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

Excellent, given the way the Patriots are playing it'll all be over by 12:30 and I can go to bed!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

OFDM wrote:
    First time it's live on terrestial tv in 15 years (and first time highlights from the play-offs were shown on terrestial tv in that time too) - I guess they're trying to see if there's enough interest to show a full season - would grab the old audience from 15 years ago and the new young crowd...

was it not on channel 4 a few years back?

was it not on channel 4 a few years back?
    Not since around 1990...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

pH wrote:
    Excellent, given the way the Patriots are playing it'll all be over by 12:30 and I can go to bed!!

Don't be so sure. Eagles have nothing to loose so I reckon they'll really be up for it!

Having said that, hope it's over by half time and won't need redbull to stay awake in work on Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 ronanm98

It surely will be over by the Half and this is why! :rolleyes:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/don_banks/02/04/banks.top.10/index.html

Enjoy it! :)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,284 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Originally posted by OFDM

Not since around 1990...

Actually the last Superbowl broadcast by Channel 4 was Superbowl XXXII when the Broncos beat the Packers in 1998.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

I dunno.... It's hard to take any piece of journalism as unbiased when he introduces himself as "the undisputed leader of the Patriots Super Bowl bandwagon"!

zaph wrote:
    Actually the last Superbowl broadcast by Channel 4 was Superbowl XXXII when the Broncos beat the Packers in 1998.
    Crap, I missed it - they didn't show the whole season though did they? Wouldn't forgive myself if I missed a whole season...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Blisterman

It's too bad the cool superbowl ads will probebly be replaced with crazy frog and insurance ads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Why cant the americans play it during the day so we can watch it at like 8 til 12 or whatever it is.

I'm surpised they have not advertised it, i thought it cost a bomb to air it!

The pats have to win, coz in madden i'm just after finishing a season and i won the superbowl with them!

Advertisement