Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

paving

Options
  • 31-01-2005 5:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Hi, wondering would anyone know how much it would cost to pave a back garden area around 20 x20 feet paved or if anyone can suggest someone. I was thinking of the large beach pebbles (cobblestones) effect. My back garden is small and an unusual shape and seems to be on a slight slope. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 DG Leixlip

I'm in a similar position .. looking to put down slabs or paving blocks in the back garden. I know there's a lot of dodgy characters and paving companies out there .. so would appreciate if anyone has any recommendations??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭ba

i'm looking to do something similar in my back garden. paving is very simple. i plan on doing it all myself with help from my brother and dad.
    before hiring anyone have a look at The Readers Digest Book of DIY. its on sale in Easons O' Connell st. i had a quick flick and itll help you do anything pretty much around the house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Garibaldi

• Registered Users Posts: 47 DG Leixlip

Cheers ... looked into all options. Got a decent quote so decided to get the front back and side done for 5K. The job was done in 2 days .. so was pretty pleased overall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭padraic mchale

What method would you guys recommend when jointing sandstone paving slabs. I'm currently leaning towards a form of dry jointing where you brush the mix into the joints.
    What are the pros and cons of the different options?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Sherman

DG Leixlip wrote:
    Cheers ... looked into all options. Got a decent quote so decided to get the front back and side done for 5K. The job was done in 2 days .. so was pretty pleased overall.

Hi DG,

What type of stone did you use and how big was the area covered?

Thinking of getting Indian Sandstone for 15m2 path.

Cheers
    S

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi,

I would expect dry pointing as described is the way to go, what I don't understand is why use Sandstone ?

It is a very soft stone and tends to soak water which is liable to cracking in winter frost.

Advertisement