Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

question to those who have cancelled digiweb

Options
  • 31-01-2005 6:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭

when I signed up the special deal said, 200 euro + free webcam and router and blah blah blah....

well when I called to cancel, after I gave my eircom acc# the guy said "that's it, it will take about 3-5 days to cancel", then I asked about the router, and the first guy replied "sure, you can return it if you don't need it" then there were some problems with cancelling, and I had to call back and I talked to a woman, after I gave all acc details, and she confirmed the cancel, she was about to hang up when I asked again about the router, and she was like "oh would you mind turning in the router?" I said "no, no problems"

so the first question is, did you return routers? or are they part of the specia deal?
    if you did, do I have to include anything in the parcel like paper with acc number or something like that? or just send it to the address without anything?

**edit spelling

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

hay cyberghost i don know but if i was u id just keep it screw them!
    iv a question 4 u, was there a charge to cancel your acc?
    im strongly thinking of doining the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

ricey, yes there was, 121 euro(it says 100 in terms and conditions but it's without VAT)

my connection is to dropping when someone rings me, unfortunatelly eircom/smart telecom didn't put my complaint in their logs or they'd cancel it for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭freekhead

never mentioned a router here also strange well i know for shure i wont be mentioning it either :D

one good thing i got from them haha

yeah it costs €121 to cancle but im happy paying it if i get rid of digiweb

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭DannyD

I cancelled a few days ago. The person on the phone told me to email her that I wanted to cancel. I did that and haven't received anything in response. She didn't mention anything about the modem. I haven't received a bill yet either. She did say it would cost 3 months rental to cancel but they can stuff that.

DannyD wrote:
    I cancelled a few days ago. The person on the phone told me to email her that I wanted to cancel. I did that and haven't received anything in response. She didn't mention anything about the modem. I haven't received a bill yet either. She did say it would cost 3 months rental to cancel but they can stuff that.

why? what reason did you give them for cancel?

you should pay 121 euro,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭DannyD

I'm sure they will try and get this from me also.

call them again, talk to someone else, tell them you are moving out of the house, they should charge you 121 euro, no more

Advertisement