Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wayne Shorter

Options
  • 29-01-2005 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭

Anybody going to this gig? Cna't wait. I've been listening to Footprints live with this exact lineup and it's extreme. I was looking forward to hearing the tune footprints and when it came on, the head was played once at the start at a much faster tempo and then dissapeared and the tune was unrecognizable from the original. If thats a taste of what's to come then it's gonna be one great gig!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Fusion251

Sure am it's gonna be a class gig, one of the best Jazzmen to visit these Irish shores in years I'd say!!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭carl_

Wayne Shorter
    Danilo Pérez
    John Patitiucci
    Brian Blade

3rd March

... better get me tickets soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Fusion251

I'd say it's well sold out by now, I booked mine 2 weeks ago and I could only get the most expensive ones!

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭carl_

how was it ? :)

had one or two opportunities to get tickets but wasn't quick enough to purchase them.

I'll make sure I get to the Peacock/Copland gig

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭JacoStanley

It was very impressive. Amazing actually. Just the perfect sound. And the crack the drummer got of the kit. I think he was using different combos of hitting the rim, bass drum and floor tom together. Pure confidence and class.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Buddhapadge

I went to the Pattitucci clinic earlier on the day... I would've loved to have seen him play a full show. That guy is a goddamn legend.

Advertisement