Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wat do you think of The Game

Options
  • 29-01-2005 4:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭

I love his song with 50 cent its class.
    What do u think of him?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

I have to say i like his album. I didn't think i was going to buy it but i did after hearing it on the net. The content is rubbish. He's pretty much like 50 cent, a bit better maybe. The production is fantastic though. It must be one of the most expensive rap albums ever. Its similar to a dre album, brilliant production but not the greatest lyrics. Im happy enough listening to an album for the beats alone though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

I agree with David.Pretty typical of the G-Funk label,he can at least rap(unlike 50 cent and Banks).Kick ass beats make the Documentary worth listening to though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭col22

David19 wrote:
    I have to say i like his album. I didn't think i was going to buy it but i did after hearing it on the net. The content is rubbish. He's pretty much like 50 cent, a bit better maybe. The production is fantastic though. It must be one of the most expensive rap albums ever. Its similar to a dre album, brilliant production but not the greatest lyrics. Im happy enough listening to an album for the beats alone though.
    the reason it sounds like a dr.dre album is because he produced it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Not the whole thing, there is alot of producers on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

Kanye did some of the songs didn't he?

• Advertisement

Kanye did one song called dreams. Some other producers on it are dre, timbaland, just blaze, scott storch. All big names.

01. Intro (Produced By Dr. Dre & Che Vicious)
    02. Westside Story (Feat. 50 Cent) (Produced By Dr. Dre & Scott Storch)
    03. Dreams (Produced By Kanye West)
    04. Hate It Or Love It (Feat. 50 Cent) (Produced By Cool & Dre)
    05. Higher (Produced By Dr. Dre & Mark Batson)
    06. How We Do (Feat. 50 Cent) (Produced By Dr. Dre & Mike Elizondo)
    07. Don't Need Your Love (Feat. Faith Evans) (Produced By Havoc)
    08. Church For Thugs (Produced By Just Blaze)
    09. Put You On The Game (Produced By Timbaland)
    10. Start From Scratch (Feat. Marsha Of Floetry) (Produced By Dr. Dre & Scott Storch)
    11. The Documentary (Produced By Jeff Bhasker)
    12. Runnin' (Feat. Tony Yayo) (Produced By Hi-Tek)
    13. No More Fun And Games (Produced By Just Blaze)
    14. We Ain't (Feat. Eminem) (Produced By Eminem)
    15. Where I'm From (Feat. Nate Dogg) (Produced By Focus)
    16. Special (Feat. Nate Dogg) (Produced By Needlz)
    17. Don't Worry (Feat. Mary J. Blige) (Produced By Dr. Dre & Mike Elizondo)
    18. Like Father, Like Son (Feat. Busta Rhymes) (Produced By Buckwild)

So although Dre features on the production quite a bit, there are no tracks produced by him alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

its a good album but he name drops far too much, apart from that he is a good rapper and the album is supprisingly good.

Yeah that really annoyed me, the amount of name droping is unreal.
    Also, he claims to be the saviour of the west coast, and he makes that claim quite often on the album which gets pretty annoying too.
    Best album to come out of Aftermath/Shady/G-Unit camp in a while. Nothing spectacular though.

He also scuffs his air force ones a lot. Listen out for it. The name dropping is over the top. I saw a list of all the the times hes mentioned people. I'll post it up if i find it.
    As makaveli said its certainly one of the best albums to come out of Aftermath.

Edit: Here we go:

"As a bonus to our readers, AllHipHop decided to compose an unofficial tally of the numerous namedrops on The Documentary.
    Dr. Dre 35
    50-Cent 17
    G-Unit 10
    Notorious B.I.G. 8
    Eminem 8
    Tupac 7
    Compton 7
    Eazy-E 5
    Young Buck 4
    Nate Dogg 4
    Lloyd Banks 4
    Snoop Dogg 4
    Mary J. Blige 4
    Mase 4
    Jay-Z 3
    Eve 3
    Michael Jackson 3
    Jam Master Jay 3
    Martin Luther King, Jr 3
    Nas 3
    Left Eye 3
    Sean “Puff Daddy” Combs 3
    Aaliyah 3
    Whitney Houston 2
    Kanye West 2
    Mya 2
    Tony Yayo 2
    Busta Rhymes 2
    Just Blaze 2
    Rakim 2
    Shaq 2
    Ms. Shakur 2
    Ms. Wallace 1
    Kool G Rap 1
    Vivica A. Fox 1
    Ronald Reagan 1
    Huey Newton 1
    Public Enemy 1
    Flavor Flav 1
    Whoo Kid 1
    DJ Clue 1
    Compton’s Most Wanted 1
    Marvin Gaye 1
    Vanessa Williams 1
    Serena Williams 1
    R. Kelly 1
    Black Rob 1
    N.W.A. 1
    Loon 1
    Ashanti 1
    Tyra Banks 1
    Master P 1
    Alonzo Mourning 1
    Havoc 1
    Prodigy 1
    Timbaland 1
    Bobby Brown 1
    Ed Lover 1
    Monie Love 1
    Shyne 1
    Beyonce 1
    Ice Cube 1
    Xzibit 1
    Mariah Carey 1
    Suge Knight 1
    Chris Rock 1
    Souljah Slim 1
    Randy Moss 1
    Kevin Lowe 1
    LeBron James 1
    Yao Ming 1
    Usher 1
    Guerilla Black 1
    Jimmy Iovine 1"

I think this includes mixtapes because i dont remember biggie being mentioned that many times or some of the others at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

He mentions Biggie a good few times in the production line version, as people have said already, the beats are unreal but the content is repetitive and the bars themselves often repeat eg Nikes and 38s.

I do like Start from Scratch and Like Father,Like Son though. All in all, good stuff to pop into the car radio but hardly the most awe-inspiring or far-reaching lyrics to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Orizio wrote:
    I agree with David.Pretty typical of the G-Funk label,he can at least rap(unlike 50 cent and Banks).Kick ass beats make the Documentary worth listening to though.

50 Cent can not rap????

Jesus Christ... :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 King_of_NY

From what I've heard of him I think he's alright.....nothing special but not bad either. Don't think he'd have as much hype about him without the backing of Dre and G-Unit. 'How we do' is wicked.....best thing Dre has produced in a good while, think it has the potential to be a huge tune for '05. TBH, even though Dre has definitely produced some all-time classics, he's produced a lot of rubbish aswell......prefer Timbaland, Just Blaze and some Neptunes stuff myself.

As for Fiddy.......undoubtedly not the worlds greatest rapper but not bad at what he does - street/club hip-hop. He's no Nas or Biggie but I don't think he's claiming/trying to be either......he doesn't need to be - he'll sell bucketloads anyway so what does he give a ****?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Andy18

If you like the game download, The Game - New york [remix] originally by ja rule and jadakiss, compare the two, this beat was destined for the game its much better than the original

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Drum boy

I really like the album. Hes supporting snoop in the point and i'd almost go just to see him, oh and that song with 50 is class!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Aimee_gleeson

The Game is wicked id love to see him come over here on his own not as a supporting act with snoop! The albums well worth buying...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

To be very honest - Game is VERY over-rated. What I find funny is alot of guys who have been around for a few years are now only starting to get the spotlight; i.e. Mitchy Slick's now part of Xzibit's 'Strong Arm Steady' Crew - if you never got 'Trigeration Station' by this guy, you totally slept....

Then there's other bay area guys like Mac & AK, C-Bo, JT, E-40 & a whole bunch of others who in my opinion are far better & don't get the respect or push they truly deserve.....

Although - if you wanna talk about skill, flair & being slept on - one name ALWAYS comes up for west coast rap; CROOKED I. This guy has it all & if he ever got a big label push, the guy'd be huge.....

::: ven0mous :::

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

The game isnt over rated, lyrically his album was not too hot on certain songs but some of the stuff on mix tapes hes done shows just how good he is.

Mac & AK, C-Bo, JT they are all around ages but at this point I dont think they will break out they have just been around too long. E-40 has a good following he might not sell too much but everyone agrees he is one of the best from the west.

Crooked I can only blame himself for whats gone wrong with his career. First he jumps from the dgp to death row just as xzibit was getting his big push and if he had have stayed he would have gotten his too, I mean daz was trying to release an album of his material 3 years ago when he jumped to tha row and was stopped. Any fool could have told him that that was a bad move and now he is on his own and probably not going to go anywhere. The sad part is his album he made on tha row was suppose to have been great but never got released, well maby when he dies suge will drop it.

Advertisement