Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[REQUEST] Cheap USB Pen Drives in Dublin?

Options
  • 29-01-2005 2:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 43,813 ✭✭✭✭

Hello all.

Will be up in Dublin next week for the Green Day gig. And i've been meaning to invest in a USB Pen.. been using my iPod / Ngage up until now! :D

Where'd be the cheapest place around the city to get a USB Pen Drive? Not looking for huge storage space on it.. between 16MB and 128MB will do me fine! Do Peats or Maplins have any sales on right now i should know about? :D

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,144 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I got a 256MB pen drive for €35 in Peats a couple of weeks before Christmas - they were behind the counter at the back of the shop, not out on display, so you'll probably have to ask for one.

This is the product. (prices exclude VAT - 128MB model is ~€20)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,813 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Cheers for that.. saw that alright on the Peats site! Will check it out next week.

People give Peats a lot of sh*te. Think they're pretty good, to be honest!

Was looking for an Optical Mouse for the laptop. Got a Creative Optical Mouse in there for €17. And checked up on it on their site.. and it was advertised there for €39 (http://www.peats.ie/cgi-bin/shop/db.cgi?view=1&id=7161&type=6&sid=970285x0). Don't know whether it was in a sale or just sheer incompetence on their part. :D

Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

www.shop4memory.com

delivered free to your door!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,813 ✭✭✭✭Basq

www.shop4memory.com

delivered free to your door!
    Cheers for that, but am aiming to buy one around Dublin.

Abused the parent's credit card enough in the last couple of months! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

shop4memory are an irish company and accept bank transfers, all the bank info is on the site

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

Maplin have a 32MB one for E15.99 at the moment I think..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

basquille wrote:
    Cheers for that, but am aiming to buy one around Dublin.

Abused the parent's credit card enough in the last couple of months! :D
    if things are that desperate then phone them up , if they like the sound of your voice you could be heading out to Leixlip on 67 bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

if things are that desperate then phone them up , if they like the sound of your voice you could be heading out to Leixlip on 67 bus.
    You could go to Leixlip for a day out but shop4memory are based in Celbridge
    :p

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭iisollie

Marx Computers Ltd. 18 Crescent Place, Dublin 3
    http://www.marx-computers.com/ (see under memory)

They have great deal at the moment

USB2 Flash Memory Drive (USB1 compatible)
    128MB (default), for €23.00 incl
    - 256MB (Eur 35) or 512MB (Eur 60) or 1GB (Eur 110)

ollie

• Registered Users Posts: 65,037 ✭✭✭✭unkel

aaf wrote:
    You could go to Leixlip for a day out but shop4memory are based in Celbridge
    :p

LOL, indeed. I always forget above which dry cleaners their office is :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

D'oh !

[Mod snipped troll comment]
    Do people explain things like that to you a lot? I think they may be trying to tell you something my friend. I've emboldened the bit I'm referring to so you don't get confused.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Jack breen

Random wrote: »
    Maplin have a 32MB one for E15.99 at the moment I think..

Are ya mad, I have a load of these at home if you want them.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Nanoc

Basq, can you post this in the request thread ;-)

Who even looked up a 2005 thread anyway!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

In before lock.

Maybe it came up from a google search....

I was reading this thread and saying to myself surely ye mean GB. and then i saw th e dates lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Caught me too....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Actually just to be clear, it wasn't VanZan that dug this up! It was some troll who's post I deleted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement