Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piano Jazz and Blues.

Options
  • 28-01-2005 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭

Ok im looking for some nice blues and jazz, but only piano as im trying to get into playing jazz and blues, and listening is the only way. I was listening to Peter OBrien,the irish chap, who is great and moved me onto some other names, so i was wondering what are some other good jazz pianists? Looking for some more stuff like Fats waller, art tatum, oscar peterson etc.

And help apreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Fusion251

Let me see....

KEITH JARRETT (amazing)

Bill Evans

Wynton Kelly

Thelonious Monk

Erroll Garner

Red Garland

Brad Mehldau

Bud Powell

Kenny Barron

Mccoy Tyner

Man there's loads that's just a few essentials to get started with :D

Fusion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

I love Theloniuos Monk. Fusion hit the nail on the head with that one. (for me anyway).

Have you ever heard of Chic Corea? I havent heard much myself, but i was impressed with the duet he did with the Foo Fighters some while back on an MTV awards show. I love it when artists do that bridge the gap between genres thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

cool, thats a nice list.

Just listening to some Keith Jarrett, he really is good. I hear its mainly improv too. If so, this guy is a god.

Advertisement