Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivia question

Options
  • 28-01-2005 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,124 ✭✭✭✭

Who is the only player with a Superbowl ring and an Olympic Gold medal?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

The Bullet Bob Hayes.

He won gold medals in both the 100-meter sprint and the 4 X 100 relay. Bullet Bob set a world record time of 10.06 in the 100 meters, winning by one of the largest margins in modern Olympic history earning him the title of "The World's Fastest Human." I think he won the ring with the Cowboys if im not mistaken.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,124 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Well done IB (esp for a Viqueen fan).

Now drop the Packer hating siggie pic and we'll get along fine.

Never!

moss9ki.jpg

It looks better when its moving dont you think?

mossmoon.gif

You can laugh when he's doing it to you lot next season...

Randy Moss reflects the class of the organisation. When they were losing to the Eagles, he sat on the sideline looking bored. He couldn't give a sh!t. All he cares about is himself.

Yikes fans will see this on his first visit back to the Metrodome...

• Advertisement

Q. Are there any african american punters in the nfl today?

I personally don't know the answer but i'm interested in it. I can't recall any off the top of my head thats why I ask. In fact in my search of that answer is where I found the Bullet Bob Hayes article (blackathletes.com).

Slow coach wrote:
    You can laugh when he's doing it to you lot next season...

Randy Moss reflects the class of the organisation. When they were losing to the Eagles, he sat on the sideline looking bored. He couldn't give a sh!t. All he cares about is himself.

Yikes fans will see this on his first visit back to the Metrodome...

Actually I couldnt agree with you more. He is a selfish arrogant git but what he does on the field negates all that for me. Whether or not he will be with us next season is still debateable although I think he will stay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Kencu

Only two teams I can think of will be interested in Moss. The Raiders and possibly the Chargers although I’d be shocked if Mary rocked the boat with that trade. Raiders are the most likely as they love Headcases. Moss’s production has never matched his potential. He’s by far the most physically gifted WR in the league but I’ll take T.O. who leaves everything on the field any day of the week!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭por

I personally don't know the answer but i'm interested in it. I can't recall any off the top of my head thats why I ask. In fact in my search of that answer is where I found the Bullet Bob Hayes article (blackathletes.com).

Rodney Williams is the only one.

Now can someone clarify something for me.
    A number of years ago I heard that the former Chargers and current Saints kicker John Carney is a son of 1951 Mayo All Ireland winning footballer Dr. Padraig Carney.
    Dr. Padraig Carney has lived in LA for years but I cannot find anything on the web linking them, or dis-proving a link either.

Can we define African American, or black?

Did the entire human race not originate in Africa?

In answer to the question, I believe the only non-American punter is Brian Barker, who's Australian. But I am open to correction.

• Advertisement

I would have said black but im not sure as to how acceptable it is on boards so i used a more polite word.

Going to have to look into that one por, ill ask around at training on sunday as there is a few guys that seem to know absolutley everything about the game on my team.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,035 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Well I for one have no quarms with it. I mean, I wouldn't mind a black man referring to me as being "white", would you?

Absolutely not, then again not all people will see it like that.

Advertisement