Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

why do ye hate the Pats?

Options
  • 27-01-2005 5:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭

A lot of folks on here keep saying how they could never support the NE Patriots. May I ask why?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

just not the kind of team that ever sets me on fire or awakens something in me.Personally speaking i am a major Jets fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,011 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

They are masterfully coached by Belichick, have an excellent all-round team with a steady QB and are extremely tough. So....maybe that's why everyone hates them!

thats true people do tend to hate the successful teams.Also the fact that they are what you would class as an "uncool" team plays against them

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

raven136 wrote:
    just not the kind of team that ever sets me on fire or awakens something in me.Personally speaking i am a major Jets fan.

personally being a chargers fan....at the moment i hate the jets :D The pats are just one of those solid, do the basics right teams....

the jets are just a damn cool team who need to use their offensive a bit more then they will fly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,282 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I hate the Pats simply because I'm a Jets fan. It hurts to see a divisional rival do so well.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,011 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Wow, the Jets sure are heavily represented on these boards! *cowers in corner of room*

well if our punches are as weak as Penningtons arm you should be ok ;)

Originally posted by Neil3030

Wow, the Jets sure are heavily represented on these boards!

Yeah, I always thought I was the only one! I think it must be the Irish mentality of supporting the perpetual hard-luck (or possibly self-destructive) case.

we are just the kind of nation who would take to perpetual also rans.what made you support the Jets

• Advertisement

Started supporting them in the early 80's when the Sack Exchange were destroying offences week after week. Just loved seeing Joe Klecko, Mark Gastineau and Marty Lyons wreak havoc on poor, unsuspecting offensive linemen and quarterbacks. On top of that the QB at the time was Ken O'Brien and the kicker was Pat Leahy, so I think the touch of Irishness swung it for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

I thought I was the only Jets fan, not for long mind you only the past 6-7 seasons. Dont really know why, they were in a slump when I started to follow them and hit a bit of a run since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Ha ha! I'm a Jets fan too. I think I started supporting them because they wore green (shoulda plumped for the Eagles, huh?).

Personally I don't hate the Pats. I like seeing any team play and do well. Never bought into rivalries. They're pretty boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

Hated the 49ers when Joe Montana was QB, but still wanted them to beat the Broncos in all those Superbowls they were in together...

Advertisement