Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So what are you doing for your 3 weeks off?

Options
  • 27-01-2005 12:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭

besides worrying bout exam results of course:),im currently enjoying ucc rag week in a combination of drinking and playing lots of battlefield,and next week im off to edinburgh for a few days so my time is certainly been spent far more productively then say,manual labour.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

I'm busy looking for a house in dublin, so I can live somewhere for the next 7 1/2 months while I do co-op!!

Enjoy yer 3 weeks off ya poxy....

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

Im in bloody work from 7 - 6 on co-op(lots of OT) im bushed, extended my contract for 2 weeks more so working til the 10th and back to col on the 14th.YEUCH

Another thing. Tried registering my modules,no go - got onto Tech services "that will be workin on the 14th" i replied so where do i go for class "mmmmm....... i will ring you back" What organization.

Anyways - Enjoy UCC and its women tongue.gif- have fun in Scotlandwink.gif - happy house hunting and you will have a class time on co-op.biggrin.gif

Nukem

Seems like your having a ball, i mean, who wouldnt want to work 11 hours a day!!!! :D

Peteee wrote:
    Seems like your having a ball, i mean, who wouldnt want to work 11 hours a day!!!! :D

Nah!!! i mean no matter what they teach you in a class room they dont even nearly prepare you for the real world. Lovin my coop never wanna go back and i mean that. 11 hr days any day over study,exams and stupid lecturers who tell you stuff you may never use.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,501 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Nukem wrote:
    Nah!!! i mean no matter what they teach you in a class room they dont even nearly prepare you for the real world. Lovin my coop never wanna go back and i mean that. 11 hr days any day over study,exams and stupid lecturers who tell you stuff you may never use.
    Hear hear. Im doing computer engineering (probably not my best decision) and want to go into either software engineering or systems administration, and i wonder, why the hell am i learning about diodes, op-amplifiers, laplace transforms, vector calculus and resonant circuits

• Advertisement

Because you done computer engineering, Comp sys is yer course if you wanna get into Software Engineering or sys admin!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

started co-op today!!

klong wrote:
    started co-op today!!

And....................................how was it?

I started yesterday too, and its boring at the mo. Am supposed to be doing some sort of induction or somet but nobody knows anything.....Think I hear someone coming, must get back to 'work'

*sigh*

Peteee wrote:
    I started yesterday too, and its boring at the mo. Am supposed to be doing some sort of induction or somet but nobody knows anything.....Think I hear someone coming, must get back to 'work'

*sigh*

*LOL* Its the same everywhere - induction-training-walk about-computer security training........................it goes on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

i'm doing my fyp, as you can see, it's very productive so far.

Nukem wrote:
    *LOL* Its the same everywhere - induction-training-walk about-computer security training........................it goes on.

What?? Where are you working?

I'm at Lionbridge, and will be working on a hush hush Microsoft project...... not a word of a lie there. Well the hush hush bit is lying, but it hasnt been released yet! :)

They still dont know what to do with me, although i'm slogging through masses of reading at the mo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

so far its been pretty boring. got my first payslip today and was murdered for tax!

Sorry Pete - was working in Pfizer. Real nice place,everyone is spot on.College on Monday. God damn i envy ye - coop is a bit weird at first as your a student and people are asking welll what does he know and what can he do..........my advice go hunting for work.

Klong - are you on emergency tax by any chance - that or they must be paying you too much *chuckle* *chuckle*

Ahh the blue pill factory, no sex problems there I assume!

It's gettin better now anyway, I'm trying to figure out how to change a batch file to do something different, I R TEH STUMPED

I'd love to be goin back to college tbh, but thats more a reflection on the people I was living with then actually learning stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭PlasseyMinstrel

klong wrote:
    so far its been pretty boring. got my first payslip today and was murdered for tax!
    That's a bit harsh

Advertisement