Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

something very strange

Options
  • 27-01-2005 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭

when i was just getting out of shower last night, i heard a door slamming downstairs, i knew there was no one in, but when i went downstairs to see what it was, all the doors where open!!! i know it wasnt fromt or back door ad thety are both locked

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Interesting but there's really nothing to go on. A bang, a delay, open doors. It could have been a thousand things based on what you've given us.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Winnie

such as,...there was no windows open. as soon as i heard it slam i went down to see and no doors closed. so what was it??

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Have no idea what it might have been, and despite my weirdness ;) I always tend to try and find a rational explanation first. So is there anything else you can think of that might have sounded similar? (Cupboard door, something propped that fell over etc etc?) Also I have to ask is there anything else happening in the house, that might be making you feel something paranormal is going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,949 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Do you live in a semi-detached house? I often hear noises from my neighbours when I'm alone in the house.

no live in detached house adn it was a definite door slam not something falling over or a cupboard. the only other strange thing happening is a scratching sound sometimes but dont know if thats related in any way

• Advertisement

I really really don't mean to be rude, but what are you expecting of us? There's really nothing to draw any sort of conclusions from. You heard a noise, you can't find the source and anyone here that says they have the answer has to be lying.

do you just write on these boards to annoy people phlematic, because any messages i have read from you has been completely useless. you put up threads for discussion to see what other people think, its a discussion thats all, not looking for answers.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Dont mean to freak you out but scratching could mean mice or rats, but they cant slam doors! I wouldnt jump to the conclusion that something spooky is going on unless you absolutely rule out anything else, and for me there would have to be other occurences too. In any case I wouldnt let it worry you unless it happens again :eek:

Ps I think phelmatic is our resident naysayer, designed to keep us on our toes. The day I convince him my work is done :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,949 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Everyone put on your white sheets and down to phlematic's house :p

KatieK wrote:
    Ps I think phelmatic is our resident naysayer, designed to keep us on our toes. The day I convince him my work is done

What? Nonsense! Nay I say to that, nay!
    Stark wrote:
    Everyone put on your white sheets and down to phlematic's house

Stop picking on me, it's not my fault there's nothing to discuss!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

On a related note, I remember early last year I was down in the kitchen of my house, fixing a sandwich at the counter at about 1pm when I saw the kitchen door open fully, on its own, really slow, from about half open to fully open. This happened a few minutes after I entered the room. There were no windows open in the house. There was no one else in the house either. I wasn't scared or anything, but there was no way the door could open itself, so I was quite perplexed. Spirit activity did cross my mind, but that was the only instance of it I can ever remember.

Has anyone else experienced something similar?

Advertisement