Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I want to see no more of this

Options
  • 26-01-2005 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭

People must not put there names up on room101 and not turn up. Its a breach of contract and you could be sue by law (I'm not sure how binding it is atm, but if it happened in 5 years time you could deffo be sued)

Breach of contract:

If I promised a hotel I'd be at a location at such a date the hotel promises to keeep a place for me. If I break that promise without telling the hotelier that I won't make it, then there is a breach of contract and I am liable to be sued.

There are exceptions to this (e.g. the frustration exemption... etc...)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

There have been such problems with people before, but they were for the most part in the minority.
    This lan there have been a few people who've had to pull out, but they've either told me or taken themselves off the list and posted a comment on Room101.
    Thanks for that lads, it makes my life less stressful.

I'd ask that everyone also check and ensure that the email address they use on their room101.org accounts is one they actually use or check regularly.
    I don't send many mails to attendees, but when I do you can be sure that it's important - like this evening's one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

i didnt get that one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

SyxPak wrote:
    I'd ask that everyone also check and ensure that the email address they use on their room101.org accounts is one they actually use or check regularly.
    you make it sound like we should be able to change our addresses on room101 :rolleyes:
    not 100% sure if i'll make this one. i'll cancel by monday at the latest if i'm not going to be able to attend

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

what ever this evenings email is hotmail won't work

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Ruffty^

:p I busted up room101 real good: "Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0005'

Invalid procedure call or argument: 'mid'

/body-news.inc, line 12"

I read there was a bit of interest in hl1 mods and all I was doing was mentioning kanonball http://www.planethalflife.com/kanonball/
    A class mod; its kinda like american football/rugby future style, brilliant crack :D

• Advertisement

Like GridIron for Quake3?

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Ruffty^

Not really, you see its not "crap" ! This mod hasn`t been around as long as Gridiron and that game has nice features like kicking field goals etc. This is far more grass routes with only tackles,passes and dive/jumps. You can`t kill the opponent, you can knock him down for a few seconds, you can also land on his head, blood comes out and he is down for ages. There is no comparison between landing an epic last ditch hand to hand style tackle just as the opponent is about to throw the ball into the goal :D (such a good feeling) -to- blowing up your opponent with a rocket, any lame`o can do that...This is easy to learn simple fun and it takes ages to get frustrated with it; guaranteed you will "lol" for real if we get a few players to each team //don`t think i`ll get my dream of a league of the ground just yet\\ ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

it really is a good laugh :)

but you can't kill your opponent....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

I'll play kannonball, its good fun. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement