Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new VCR on Cable, having problems

Options
  • 23-01-2005 9:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

Guys,

hope this is the right place for this.

Just picked up a VCR from Argos BUSH VCR925NSILXI (€75), plugged it in got the test page, checked the reception on the TV and played a video. So to my mind all connections are sound.

Note: I run Chorus cable only, ie no ariel.

When I do the tunning on the VCR, (seems to be only automatic tunning) it picks up nothing, except for a 1 or 2 weak signals.

The manual states
    Channel coverage:21 - 69
    RF Output Channel: 23~69 channel

So I guess I have the following questions
    Is it actually compatible for cable?
    Have I done something wrong?
    Or is the product faulty?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Problems indeed. It only has a UHF tuner, and doesnt have a VHF (Band III) tuner, that is required for Chorus cable. If it only does channel 21-69.. its a UHF only VCR, and I'd return it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Ulsterman 1690

They sold you a UK model (UHF only) instead of an Irish one (VHF & UHF)

Although for the life of me I dont understand by manufacturers dont put VHF tuners on UK video's/TV's I mean the cost savings I daresay are pretty minimal and it causes hasstle for consumers wanting to use their videos for cable, Irish/European TV etc ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭tlyons

Cheers guys, its going back tomorrow!!

Advertisement