Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford City and County get 6 pages of Sunday Tribune

Options
  • 23-01-2005 7:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Dunno if anyone else buys the Trib, they ran a decent feature on the Deise in the business section. All the usual bases were touched - WIT, airport, Dungarvan regeneration, infrastucture etc, so nothing new but worth doing.

Mike

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Are you sure it wasn't just an "advertising/commercial feature*"? The Turbine always has those. I'm sure the regular readers gloss over that section every week, I know I do!

* propaganda :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

Damn, the one sunday I didn't buy the Tribune...

But by the sound of it, it's the same old rubbish. The last one was a sad excuse for an advertising slot. I bet this one started with the usual, "Waterford, designated a 'gateway city' in the national spacial strategy..."

Usually there is no evidence of any substantial local knowledge or sentiment at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,361 ✭✭✭jmcc

merlante wrote:
    Usually there is no evidence of any substantial local knowledge or sentiment at all.
    Perhaps they could have contacted the Sindo's Gwen Halley? :) It was the usual advertorial thing. The Trib usually has to resort to this type of thing to bring in advertising.

Regards...jmcc

Advertisement