Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

some sad and funny news from across the pond

Options
  • 21-01-2005 11:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭

The sad news,
    Neal Knox ,one of the most staunchest no compromise pro gun voices in congress passed away this monday of cancer.He will be sadly missed by those that knew him.Due to the down time of the board i was unable to post this earlier.
    further info www.nealknox.com

the funny news
    Anti gun media darling Michael Moore 's bodygaurd was arrested in New York for possesion of an unliscensed firearm at one of the airports.The bodygaurd was liscensed to carry in Kalifornia,a notoriously difficult state to obtain a CCW if you are a mere citizen.whats more funny is that he was arrested in another state that is just as notorious for it's anti gun laws.The kicker[for me ]both states are liberal,anti gun states that laud fat boy to the nines,and that moore is shown up as a liar,again. :D:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

the funny news
    Anti gun media darling Michael Moore 's bodygaurd was arrested in New York for possesion of an unliscensed firearm at one of the airports.The bodygaurd was liscensed to carry in Kalifornia,a notoriously difficult state to obtain a CCW if you are a mere citizen.whats more funny is that he was arrested in another state that is just as notorious for it's anti gun laws.The kicker[for me ]both states are liberal,anti gun states that laud fat boy to the nines,and that moore is shown up as a liar,again. :D:D

No, he wasn't. The bodyguard didn't work for Moore, but for a security company that Moore had hired in the past; the bodyguard in question had never worked protection for Moore; and the gun in question was licenced, was unloaded and in a case in his check-in luggage.

http://moorewatch.com/index.php/weblog/correction_to_moores_bodyguard_story/
    From the head of the security firm involved:
    Our firm employs Patrick Burk.
    Fox News has now removed the link for this story from their home page; their original story contained several errors (below). We want to be certain you are aware of the appropriate corrections.
    I know that Fox News editors must rely upon others when preparing their stories, and I offer with no judgment that their story titled “Michael Moore’s Bodyguard Arrested on Airport Gun Charge” contains several errors, including its entire headline.
    Our full-time employee, Patrick Burk, is not “Michael Moore’s bodyguard.” Accordingly, the headline in the Fox News Web site story is false and misleading.
    If you believe Patrick Burk was ever assigned to protect Michael Moore, or any number of other public figures, you might accurately report that “A bodyguard who was once assigned to protect Michael Moore...”
    You could as accurately say “A bodyguard that was once assigned to protect President Clinton,” because Patrick Burk has also been assigned to protect President Clinton in the past - but you wouldn’t be accurate if you said “President Clinton’s Bodyguard.”
    Patrick Burk is not Michael Moore’s bodyguard, nor was he protecting Michael Moore or in any way involved with Michael Moore on Wednesday night, when he (Burk) was checking in at JFK for a flight to Los Angeles.
    When checking in for the flight, Patrick Burk voluntarily advised United Airlines that he was transporting an unloaded, locked firearm in his checked luggage, precisely as regulations require, and not “carrying” a weapon, as your story inaccurately reports. Advising the counter ticket agent is a routine procedure for police officers and security professionals. In this case, a Port Authority officer decided to arrest Patrick Burk on the charge that he is not licensed to carry a firearm in New York City.
    The Fox News story also says Patrick Burk was carrying “an unlicensed firearm.” Please correct that error. Patrick Burk’s firearm is legally registered to Patrick Burk - it is not “unlicensed.” Patrick Burk is licensed to carry a firearm in several States, and a court will determine if any charge is appropriate for Patrick Burk in this matter, which involves New York City.
    Though I realize a Michael Moore connection would be of interest to your web site, Patrick Burk is not Michael Moore’s bodyguard, and has never been employed by Michael Moore.

The moral of the story? Don't believe everything you read on Fox :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Zakalwe

That should be "Don't believe ANYTHING you read on Fox" Sparks.

IrishGlockFan, people who write "Kalifornia" or "Peoples Republic of Kalifornia" always bring to mind Linux nerds who think they're oh so funny with "LOL Micro$uck Winblow$". I understand Californian laws fly right in the face of the 2nd amendment to the US Federal Constitution though.

I do agree with you that Moore is a liar though. His tries to play on people's emotions and edits footage to suit his point. I agree with him on some issues, but I hate to think I'm in the same corner as him on certain issues as he makes people like me look bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭Irishglockfan

OK I stand corrected on this :o

But I have one question.How did mr Burk bring liscensed firearm from CA to NYC??If he was a professional bodygaurd and a holder of a CWP.He should be well aware of what states allow CWP and which recognise each others CWP.
    AFIK CA and NYC are non interchangable.
    Also as his boss stated it is routine for LEO and security professionals to inform the airline of checked firearms in the hold baggage. Not an arrestable offence at all.It is standard procedure for anyone .Even smarter would have been to ring the airline beforehand and port authorithy who has security of the NYC airports.
    But note the word play; yes the weapon would be registerd to Burk as are all handguns to their owners in California,[or Kalifornia,just to irk Zakalwe :p ]

The big BUT is was Burk entitled and registerd to carry concealed in NY????? AND was Burk's weapon registerd to him in NYC??. [An almost impossible task for non LEOs or private security not to mind residents.]

Methinks he doth protest too much with his denials of any Burk/Moore connection on the flite,time and space .Would he care to comment what Mr Burk was doing,or gaurding?Or was this just total coincidence??
    We shall wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

Zakalwe wrote:
    I do agree with you that Moore is a liar though. His tries to play on people's emotions and edits footage to suit his point. .

if you edit footage to suit your purpose...does that not count as lying...

;):)

i mean taking 2 statements by Charlton heston that were made nearly 9 months apart...is well, pretty close to lying to me...but then again since i am classed as an gun toting nut (with no weapons!) what would i know...

keeping in mind also that his SOLUTION to the Norther Ireland question was that Protestants should take more holidays....go figure..... :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭Irishglockfan

keeping in mind also that his SOLUTION to the Norther Ireland question was that Protestants should take more holidays....go figure.....

not to mind that he stated publicly in Belfast that it was "all right for the PIRA to keep their guns as they were fighting for Irish freedom".....Well.....SIGH..enuff said!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

keeping in mind also that his SOLUTION to the Norther Ireland question was that Protestants should take more holidays....go figure.....

not to mind that he stated publicly in Belfast that it was "all right for the PIRA to keep their guns as they were fighting for Irish freedom".....Well.....SIGH..enuff said!

jeeze glock just when i thought he cound not get any thicker..... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Jed Bush owns Fox or is the chairman or something so I would well believe this is bullsh1t...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

Keyzer wrote:
    Jed Bush owns Fox or is the chairman or something so I would well believe this is bullsh1t...

This is all off-topic, but the above statement might come as a shock to Rupert Murdoch! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

civdef wrote:
    This is all off-topic, but the above statement might come as a shock to Rupert Murdoch! :)

Apologies, its actually John Ellis who is George and Jeb Bushs cousin.
    He's pretty high up in Fox and he despises Michael Moore after his vendetta with his cousin (or is that brother/father).....

Advertisement