Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Clane, Kildare

Options
  • 21-01-2005 8:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

Guys,

I am soon to be moving to Clane. (The house I'm moving to will not have a line until after I move in!)

I see some stuff on boards.ie referring to wireless BB and dsl enabled exchanges. Does anyone know the currect state of affairs in Clane?

Are parts of Clane covered?

cheers
    Trev

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭darraghrogan

ADSL with IOL working hunky dory in Alexandra Park (Abbey Lands)!

Where are you moving to?

Darragh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭tlyons

Darragh,

Thats great news. I live in Celbridge at the moment and have ADSL here.

Moving to Hillview Heights, best I can figure is that it is 10mins walk north of the town and you are roughly east.

Do the online availability checkers show that you can get ADSL? Just wondering how accurate they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭darraghrogan

My old house in hillview green (a further 4 mins north of heights) passed. The exchange is located on the naas side of the abbey.

Just make sure the house tel line is terminated in one eircom socket properly - its a pet theory of mine that if you have extensions all over the house in parallel with each other you may have a greater chance of failure.

An old neighbour of mine in hg failed - but we've disconnected all the other extensions and are getting it retested. Be interesting to see...

Darragh

Ok great!! Hope yer mate passes the test.

Yeh I can relate to the too many extensions thing. Thing that would help that is, my Xmas pressie to myself was a wireless router so can be totally independant of the eircom socket.

Anyway thanks for all the info.

Sorry crap post there.

Basically I was trying to say that for me it won't matter where the Eircom socket is because I now have a wireless router. More important to me to have broadband that loads of sockets round the house.

• Advertisement

Just to let you know ADSL Up and running in Clane!! Using utv.

Advertisement