Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What type of hob to get?

Options
  • 19-01-2005 1:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

(Not sure if this is the right place to post so feel free to move somewhere more appropriate!)

I’m looking to buy a new hob and I’m having trouble finding information on what type to go for.

I’m using a crappy solid plate model at the moment (pic attached) which means that its takes ages to heat up or cool down, which makes cooking sometimes a pain in the ass due to the lack of control. Obviously a gas hob would be great but unfortunately isn’t an option.

Someone told me that some of the ceramic/halogen models are approaching gas hobs in the level of control but I’m reluctant to buy without getting more info first.

Any advice, information or experiences relayed would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 The Devil

as you say gas is the best option, but i know ceramic is easy to control and is very easy to clean too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

We have a ceramic/halogen (2 and 2) and its great. You have full control over the heat and its easy clean. The halogen gives instant heat and the ceramic takes about 10s-20s to heat up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Ciaran500 wrote:
    We have a ceramic/halogen (2 and 2) and its great. You have full control over the heat and its easy clean. The halogen gives instant heat and the ceramic takes about 10s-20s to heat up.
    same here...we've had a Belling one for over 8 yrs with no problems. You should get one for about €300-€350 if you shop around. Currys seem to be the cheapest out there at the mo.

Advertisement