Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus Éireann 302 From U.L @ 7:00 p.m

Options
  • 15-01-2005 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Well after plenty of experience of commuting from U.L at night i've noticed that the 7:00 p.m 302 which is supposed to head to Caherdavin randomly terminates at City Centre. As in they're Caherdavin sometimes or City Centre other times.

Now, University buses also service the City Centre (arrival time is University journey time) which means theoratically that if the U.L run gets messed up than City Centre also suffers.

To my surprise, sometimes there's a bus available waiting to be powered up at the latter location at 7:20 which is when the University bus should have arrived there.

To sum up, if your aiming for the University Caherdavin Bus at 7:00 be ready to leg it down Willaim Street when it gets to City Centre or play it safe and get the 6:40 (either Raheen or City-Centre gotto love the dynamicness of Bus Eireann) and endure the 20 minute wait outside Dunnes. So even if you see no Caherdavin bus at 7:00 in U.L it could still pay off to get in....certainly has more potential than waiting for the next one at 8:20. If it does come, count it as one of your lucky days :rolleyes: .

Only the 8:20 back is reliable from my experience... :mad:

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Many many moons ago there used be a 19.00 from UL to Raheen which was notoriously unreliable so maybe its a timeslot kind of think....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

well i tell you something,the ul bus service came as a pleasant surprise this year after having to endure the weird wonderful wacky adventure that was the no.5 last year in cork which serviced ucc and cit,timetables shmimetables as far the no. 5 was concerned.

Advertisement