Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eminem - Encore

Options
  • 14-01-2005 1:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

wat does everybody think of M&M's new album , i'm not really sure about it yet , there are some real good songs buut there are a few that just annoy me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭limbovski

The more I listen to it the more I like it. Love that Rainman tune and Toy Soldiers although you can't turn the radio on without hearing it so its kinda annoying me now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

80% predictable crap
    20% "meh... i guess its alright"

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I think it is a great album but i still prefer Marshall Mathers lp. Full of anger and rage = Eminem at his absolute best or the complete opposite when he is ripping the piss like that Canabitch song when he runs over Jermaine Dupri and Canabis runs away from him... hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

Its good full of humour, toy soilders annoys me a bit he trys to make it out like he is so nice to everyone and they just wont let him be. Eminem slags off people who wont slag him back and when someone does the same to him he acts like its not called for. But apart from that its his best album since his only other good album the marshall mathers lp.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Slim Shady LP was brilliant...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

Slim shady lp had some good songs on it as did the eminem show but overall wasnt that great imo. Marshall mathers lp was his best for sure, all the songs meshed nicly on it, his new one is his second best work although i didnt like toy soilders too much as he has had much better stuff on mix tapes addressing that stuff and he just brought it all back up when it seemed like it was finally over. Oh and now of course benzino has another diss track out to reply to toy soilders which is reason enough to wish it had never been made its just keeping that would be rapper around longer than he needs to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

Toy soliders pahhh! I've got a beef, he's got a beef, someelse wants to order some beef. Like we give a funk. Get over yourself already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

tman wrote:
    80% predictable crap
    20% "meh... i guess its alright"

the berst review of the album yet! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Fabrizio

In Toy Soldiers, who is Eminem talking about?? who got killed about giving out about another rap artist?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

He's talking about Suge Knight
    In "Like Toy Soldiers" Eminem openly discusses his various beefs, often admits fault, and appears to be completely open about his opinions. While his name is blanked out, it is obvious Eminem is referring to Death Row CEO Suge Knight in the flowing verse; ""It was never my intention for someone to get killed, why would I help destroy something I helped build? That wasn't my intention, my intentions were good. I went through my whole career never once mentioning [Suge]. That was just out of respect, for not running my mouth, and talking about something I knew nothing about. Plus Dre told me to stay out, this just wasn't my beef. So I did, I just fell back watched and gritted my teeth. While he's all over TV, down talking the man, who literally saved my life, like "**** it I understand." This is business, and this **** just isnt none of my business, but still knowing this **** could pop off at any minute."

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

first album was differaint, interesting, lyrically clever, nothing "amazing" hardly a Rakim or Nas...

Second album, angry, lyrically better, better album over all, better preduction etc...

Down hill from there he's a joke now, ffs he has every other new yorker taking shots at him and he has no come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Laziness. That's the best word I can think of to describe it. Laziness.

60 odd minutes of Just Lose It repeats, it bored me to bloody tears. There were a few good songs granted (Mockingbird) but about 3 or 4 out of an album of 20 is poor to say the least. Methinks he traded in on his name on this one. The Eminem Show was far superior in my opinion, and the Marshall Mathers LP was better again. I personally hope he moves into production now and stops taking his fans for granted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Maybe its because Ive accepted that the mentally unbalanced Eminem of the SSLP isnt ever coming back,but imo this was a very decent album(only got it yesterday,didnt wanna buy it seein as it got mediocre reviews so i burned a mates). The production is probably the best on any Eminem album so far,Dre is in his fcukin element here-I cant stop listenin to the title track Encore(track 20),its absoloutely superb. Its gets me wondering why Em kept describing Just Lose It as a track for the clubs-Encore is surely the clubanger of this album,the beat,the lyrics,the way it rises to a grand finale,this track is possibly Dres best production since the In Da Club beat,and Dres rapping is good stuff(and lets not get into a "he didnt even write the lyrics probably" debate-he made a cracking beat and hes got one of the best voices in the game,so leave it at that)

Drawback however is that some heavy Dre beats were wasted on the humour songs such as Ass Like That and Big Weenie. I dont object to the humour songs at all,but I think lighter beats would be better suited to them,and these beats would be better saved for Encore type tracks,or perhaps for Dres own album.

Evil Deeds is pretty good,bar the repeating of the same lyrics that seems to last forever,but the rest of the track is very decent.

All in all,this album gets 8/10 from me. I hadnt been thinking much of his lyricism lately(D12 World,his lyrics on it were rather lazy generally)but the lyrics on this are fairly decent. The beats are brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Eminem is getting like Michael Jackson post Man In The Mirror. Incapable about writing songs about anything but himself. It's ****ing boring. It may shift units but I hearing the same themes recycled over and over is diminishing the impact of his SSLP and MMLP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 King_of_NY

Was never into him myself. His skin colour has worked well in his favour - sales-wise anyway.......plenty of black rappers with a lot lower profiles who will never get the acclaim, sales, or coverage the Shady gets......the majority of his beats are ****e, IMO.

Advertisement