Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

snowboarding on the cheap

Options
  • 14-01-2005 1:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

anyone out there gone snowboarding independently, on the cheap? hoping to sneak in a trip after paddys day.... whats the best destination re. easy transfers, cheap hotels/hostels and any other tips or advice would be much appreciated...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

drop DeV, Coyote, Sico or cerberus a pm and they might be able to point you in the right direction. Plenty of snowboarders around, surprised you haven't gotten any suggestions. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Funny that, a few boardsters are only back from our annual Livigno trip...

Document Snowboard magazine had an article about snowboarding in north Scotland that seemed pretty interesting - I'd imagine you could sort out flights pretty cheaply, and I doubt accom is hugely expensive over there. They mentioned a webby in the article, I'll dig it out and post up the url. For the time being, it might be worth googling.

Otherwise, I hear Les Deux Alpes can be a relatively cheap foreign boarding trip. And Livigno, while not what I'd call cheap in travel and accom if you book through an agent, makes up for it with dirt-cheap food and drink prices (tax-free village). And you could probably sort out travel and accom yourself for cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭derv

went to La Plagne (spelling??) in france. got flights, accomodation, board rental , lift pass , all for one week.
    €600
    it's the spending money that kills you!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Super Glue

Check out this link below

Never been sking before but me 2 mates have both done seasons and asked me did I want to go along and we found this one the net

http://www.activitybreaks.com/product/?product=4677&pqdp=752252

ski pass included bargin all we are hoping is that there is snow still there else its going to be cocktails in the sun

got flights for 343 to Nice could have shopped around and taken longer change overs but didnt

hopefully it should be good

Have a good one
    Nigel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭derv

JEEEZ.
    is that a legit deal you got?? that is savage!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭hefty_langer

Consider Zakopane in Southen Poland, Fly into Krakow via Stanstead with easyjet for €186rtn, 2hr bus for €2.50 to zakopane and accommodation only cost us €100 for the week. The ski-pass is a pay-as-you-go system, the most expensive lift ride is 50C!!!!
    Food and drink is v cheap... plenty of nightlife
    http://www.zakopane-life.com/index.php

Advertisement