Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bassist on offer

Options
  • 13-01-2005 8:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hey all. I've been playing for just over 3 years now. Been in and out of a few bands (including a jazz, a metal, and an indie band), so I've played a bit of everything. As they stand, my influences are Muse, Jimmy Eat World, Brand New, Placebo and the likes. I'm also a fan of U2, I like the American sound of guys like Ryan Adams and Jesse Malin, and I listen to older stuff like Dylan and Creedence (gotta love their rock n' roll simplicity).

In short, I'd be interested in getting with a band that like to play a mixture of up-tempo electric songs and slower acoustic stuff, specifically with a singer that writes good lyrics (not predictable dribble, basically) and sings them meaningfully. I have no prob having a female singer/musicians (for some reason that's an issue with some guys, just thought I'd post that incase...)

I'm 19, looking for band of similar age, and I'm based in Tallaght so anywhere around there is cool. Clondalkin, Templeogue, Crumlin and such, but hey, if you're a little further but are seriously interested, give me a shout anyway. I'm easy going and will work with everyone in a band to get the songs sounding their best.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Sick Monkey

Hey me and two mates are putting a band together. Been jamming with the two lads for a while now. We have a drummer and two guitarists with vocals.
    Looking to get started in a rehearsal room in terenure this weekend. I have PM'd my number to you if you want to come along for a jam and see how things go from there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 werbutmen,rock

hey there, ex coopers bridge looking for new bassist for a new band! have some mp3`s for you to listen to if you`re interested, you sound like exactly wat we`re looking for! send me a pm or mail me on stkeeley@eircom.net and i`ll send you some mp3`s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 gussy

I just started a thread today looking for a bass player. Our band is based in Tallaght and we have our own "studio" so if you are interested in a jam it would be cool.

Advertisement