Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.Ie Microcube Owners Meet Up

Options
  • 12-01-2005 8:35pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭

korg_microcube_1.jpg

It could be done :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

That's mine, third from the left and one down from the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Yeah! sign me on! That is once my microcube is ordered in...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

lol, do many microcubes make a macrocube?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

so does that mean we need to find 42 boards members with microcubes?

Yes. Shouldn't take long tbh.

Do the cubes have effects loops? If they do we can master/slave the 42 cubes and make one huge wall of cubes like in the first post! Nothin micro about that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Shank

You can add my son to the list, picked him up a cube last week after hearing all the good things said about them on the board, gotta say I was very impressed. I can take back the marshall from him now :)

Do the cubes have effects loops? If they do we can master/slave the 42 cubes and make one huge wall of cubes like in the first post! Nothin micro about that!

They have line outs.

Ooooh, 84W of MicroCube power.

Shank, welcome to the club. Must do up a little badge for it.

Too far? Yeah :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

We should design a sig pic for all the microcubers here to match those badges!

What about a little pic of a MicroCube???

No, stop it. Too nerdy.

But it would unite us :confused:

Hell Yeah! check out me sig! I am a guitargeek....

Mine's better...

Yeah obviously... Designing something cool and yet original requires effort

The admins will probably crap themselves at the free advertisement for Roland tbh...

Hahaha. You got yours in there all the same!

Matches up nicely with the Slydice forum badge :)

Nice!

We need to get our own private board for this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

lol! That's cheeck now for ya boyo!

I just tell it like it is, keep it real, so to speak ;)

Did you happen to get one yourself?

No. I turned the Ampeg up tho a bone rattling three last night to give the Ibanez a proper test run.

Loud rules :)

Very loud bring the Man :(

So maybe I ought to get one. Maybe in a while :D

Oooh, so you finally got your Ibanez! Pics?

Tomorrow, perhaps. I had some Pro Tools stuff to do last night so I didn't spend the eight hours I wanted breaking it in. Still, for a 2nd hand guitar it is as mint as mint can be. Not even a fingerprint. Sweet. The neck is an Ultra, which is kinda chinky for an Ibanez. Nice shape. Comfortable as bejaysus. The S shape is really impressive, they cram a whole load of goodies into a small space.

The piezo pickup is actually rather cool. It doesn't sound like an acoustic, but it does give a whole array of great clean tones. You can blend the piezo and magnetic pickups giving 11 pickup combinations and the piezo has a bass and treble boost/cut stacked pot. Nice. Nice. I'm not entirely sold on the DiMarzio/Ibanez pickups, they sound a bit too bright to my ears, I'm tempted to JB and 59 it, though I'll wait a while and see how it goes. It's got a set of Daddario 9's on it, which is way too twany for me, gonna get a set of Ernie Ball 11's or 12's and tweak it to my taste. I'm very impressed by the Lo Profile Edge Pro trem. Better than any Floyd I've played before. Nice. The whole thing is quality and oh so pleasing to the eye.

"The neck is an Ultra, which is kinda chinky for an Ibanez."

Chunky maybe?

Can't stand chunky necks myself, such as on a Fender. For me, a neck makes or breaks a guitar, and if you're not comfortable on the neck, then whatever electronics, wood, bridge or anything that goes into the guitar won't be worth squat. So I'm glad you're comfortable with it, otherwise it could've been a phenominal waste. I think that's one of the main reasons I'll be going for the BC Rich custom instead of the LGM, because I've never played a guitar yet that had as comfortable a neck (for me anyway) as BC Rich. I'd hate to pay for a beautiful that's built to my exact specifications, then be totally bummed out because I wasn't comfy with the neck.

I'd love to try your guitar though, especially the Piezo. The tone would be something like John Petrucci's on Hollow Years, yeah? I thought that was a very interesting tone altogether. And of course to try the trem. Heard very good things about them.

You should definetly change the pickups, if you've got a sweet tooth for the JB tone then don't compromise on a guitar you obviously seem very happy with. 11's or 12's certainly wouldn't be my thing, I even stick to 9's when I'm tuned down! But Ernie Ball strings certainly do their job well. I've still got the set of 'em I put on the Virgin a couple of months ago, and they've not gotten anywhere near as dirty and scum-sounding as the D'Addarios would after a week.

Speaking about the Virgin, I might need to get the pickup switch replaced, it's starting to get kinda jammy, so I think I might try out a nice 5-way. Amazing guitar though, it's lasted me for nearly 4 years now with barely a ding! Just plain sweet.

Chunky indeed :D It's a comfortable neck, no overly fat or anything, just bigger than a wizard, which is good cos I've got big hands :)

I'll wait for a while and see with the pickups, I've only played it for one evening. They're quite different to the SD's which I know and am used to, so there's no harm in learning their sound and how to use it. Tis early days

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 800 ✭✭✭dabhoys

Fatter necks are lovely. The PRS neck is like that. It was one of the things that sold me on the McCarty model was the larger neck...

Advertisement