Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options
  • 12-01-2005 6:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭

Hiya I'm new round these parts and I was just wondering if anyone knows any clubs/pubs around town that play good hip hop and R&B ?
    Any suggestions appreciated
    Thanks
    brgds Nik

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Dublin I assume?
    They play R&B in almost all clubs in town, Usher and the like. You will hear Nelly and J-Kwon and Kanye West and all that sort of stuff too in pretty much all of them. I dunno if there is any dedicated Hip-Hops nights in town though.
    Coyote, The Palace, Redz, Spirit, Redbox (mid-week), would play all the pop music that would include the above.

As for good R&B and Hip-Hop well I doubt you'll find anywhere that plays it really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭NikNik

Yeah, sorry I forgot to say I was in Dublin (bear with me...that was my 1st post).

I kinda figured there wouldn't be a hip-hop/R&B club, guess I was just chancing it. I don't think there's much of a market for it in Dublin (or at least I haven't seen it). Think there are more people into dance or mainstream music - top of the pops and the like. Everywhere I've been has played a mixture of music that has already been played out on the radio (so sick of Usher & Nelly it's not even funny). Well, what can you do ?
    Anyways, thanks for your help
    Nikki

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

there are no clubs that play just r&b but there are regular nights, cant think of where but if you go into american direct (or whatever its called) clothes shop on abby street they always have flyers for events you might like.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

Don't the vaults underneath connolly station have a hip hop night on saturdays? Im not sure about that though. Redbox have a hip hop night on thursdays. Its just the usual chart stuff. Spirit on abbey street have a hiphop floor. Kristoks advice is good, they do have lots of flyers for different things that are on. I don't know if they're any good though.

thanks for the info. guys, will check it out.
    N xx

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

the vault on saturdays is hip-hop excellent night. Also believe it or not the gaeity theatre has hip hop nights not sure when tho have to check it out. also there is alot of hip hop djs playing gigs in temple bar music centre and places like that you will just have to check the listings

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

Redbox have a hip hop night on thursdays.
    Your better off driving a nail through your skull then going there.

Check the gigs forum on irishhiphop.com, there's usually some kind of battles/shows going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭JoeSchmoe

just thinking there, if a club opened and all it played was rap/r n'b (i used rap cos hip hop is been used used to loosly these days) would it be a success...

I doubt it....I just don't see it happening here. I'm just back from Germany and I saw how much of a hiphop/rap culture there was there. The people were real hiphop lovers, from the way they spoke to the clothes they wore and the way they danced, but it's something they grew up with. Don't think as many Irish people would be that into it TBH.....
    but you never know

Advertisement