Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heuston to Connolly - Luas or Bus??

Options
  • 12-01-2005 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

I was at Heuston at 8.30 this morning and wanted to get the Luas to Connolly. I bought my ticket and waited for the tram but when it arrived, there was no room for anyone to get on. This happened a 2nd time (a few squeezed onto the 2nd tram) but was then able to board the 3rd tram that arrived.
    The thing is, I noticed the bus that goes from Heuston to Connolly was sitting there with virtually nobody on it but as I had bought my Luas ticket, I was going to take the Luas no matter how long I had to wait. It did make me wonder, however, if I had taken the bus (which departed before the 2nd tram arrived) would I have made it to Connolly quicker?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭enterprise

The tram takes approx 15 mins from Heuston to Connolly. The bus in off-peak conditions can just about match this but usually takes in the region of 20 mins. I have spent 60 mins on the 90 from Connolly to Heuston in the rush hour one evening but that was a really bad night a number of years ago, it usually takes 40 mins or so in peak hour.

Therefore I would say your were better off sticking with the tram even though you had to wait a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Those are extreme examples, enterprise. Out of peak the bus takes 10-15 mns in my experience and 20-30 in peak. From Connolly most of the delay is getting from Connolly to O'Connell Bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭enterprise

I agree the peak is an extreme example. However off peak I have never done any better than 20 mins (except very early in the morning one saturday when it took 4 mins from Heuston to O'Connell Bridge) especially since the 90 has "to go around the world" to reach connolly through the IFSC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Heuston - Connolly: Luas is generally faster

Heuston - City Centre (i.e. Jervis on Luas or O'Connell Bridge on Bus) : Bus is slightly quicker

Advertisement