Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best place to inform people of gigs?

• 12-01-2005 2:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭

Where is the best place to tell people about gigs, not just in Dublin, but in Cork, galway and Limerick? Does anyone know of some good magazines? student newspapers/radio? websites? etc
    thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

www.entertainment.ie
    www.thumped.com
    www.gigsmartireland.com

And band messageboards are spammed fairly regulary with gig dates of other bands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

The Event Guide would be a good place to start (eventguide.ie) .. they've a rather decent circulation around dublin anyway... I think entertainment.ie might offer free event listings too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

try signing up for the newsletters from bands you like, and ticketmaster,mcd,aiken etc

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

sickle wrote:
    try signing up for the newsletters from bands you like, and ticketmaster,mcd,aiken etc
    I think he/she is tryin to promote their own band...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

ah yesh,i misread!
    sorry

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭goin'_to_the_PS

go to the pub or were ever your playin a couple of nights before it and start chattin to fella's and just pop it into to conversation, word of mouth always the best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

For local gigs with me and my friends (pubs, 100 people) we normaly get a poster made up on computer (normally me) or this time we got one of our friends who is very talented to draw us up a poster. We then utilize the fact that my mum works at the library and also the school to run off about 100 or so copies and glue them up around town and put them in shop windows. we got £260 last time we played.

Local papers, like mid ulster observer is also what we gonna do this time.

Advertisement