Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oooh New chess game!!

• 11-01-2005 4:31pm

I was playing this last night and its superb. Basically normal rules apply. But if you are in a position to capture an opposing piece, you must. It brings a whole new dimension of strategy because the King is an extremely powerful piece, as are pawns. It stemmed from a misunderstanding of suicide chess (on my part) so we've tentatively titled it Kamikaze chess. You should try it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 990 ✭✭✭galactus

Goes by several names ( Giveaway Chess, Suicide Chess, Losing Chess, Loser's Chess)

- The object of the game is to either lose all your pieces or get checkmated. Being stalemated is also a win.

- All captures are forced, except:

- All rules still apply to the King that apply in normal chess, in terms of putting your king in check or leaving him in check. Thus, you cannot take with a King if the piece you are trying to take is protected

There are many variants of chess, including Bobby Fisher's varied baseline chess (Fischerandom, IIRC) which involves getting out of the opening book by having randomised pieces on the back ranks.

No. Totally the opposite of suicide chess. The object is to lure your opponent and trapping them so they have no choice but to sacrifice a piece. (a great way of training for thinking 4-5 moves ahead.) But the object is to checkmate your opponent still. It really is a facinating game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 990 ✭✭✭galactus

So normal chess except you must capture if you are able?

I think my head would explode playing that one!

Exactly. It is great. If you have a good player to play against, it's fantastic. My friend and I played last night. (1 1/2-1) But you really should give it a try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

I think normal chess is much better, what you reckon Papa? ;)

• Advertisement

Lovely guy, but you're so wrong...

These men have history...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

staredown.jpg

Rotflmao :d :d :d

Advertisement