Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

drum tracks

Options
  • 10-01-2005 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭

My mate just started a band, and he doesnt have a drummer. (he doesnt want one)

And he asked me to try on find drum tracks, doesnt just have to be drums, he can strip it doen if there is more then drums,

Dose anyone know sites where you can download/buy drum track from artist like U2/Gun n roses.. etc

please let me know

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭drummer 666

WHY doesn't he want a drummer? thats just ****ing stupid and gay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Nidge

you might expect that comment from someone who is named after their instrument, nonetheless i agree, that is rather dumb. Drum tracks are so annoying to play along to. I wonder if he had a run in with a drummer as a child

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

Well, it sounds to me like maybe he's starting a 2 or 3 piece covers band, and bearing in mind that most gigs for 2 or 3 piece bands require the band to set up on a sixpence, having no drummer makes sense in that situation.

For tracks, use Music Robot to find the file you want in MIDI format and then edit it down to bare drums or whatever you want using Cubase Lite or some other free sequence software. You will find that the sound of the drums from your computer soundcard is crap, so either use a VST drum plug in or an external drum sound module.

Robbie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Fusion251

Get a drum machine....Fruity Loops or something...no point in writing songs to fit drum loops, at least with FL you can add a bit of dynamic to the drums with fils etc....

Not having a drummer is o.k if you're planning on playing acoustic stuff, but come on, if you wanna rock you need a drummer, end of story...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

thanks guys, i'm not sure why he does want a drummer, theres 4 in the band, and i thing is is worried about the time and space, and some place wont hire a a bigger band cos of the pay , not really sure, i'm just doing him a favour,

cheers.,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭drummer 666

Nidge wrote:
    you might expect that comment from someone who is named after their instrument, nonetheless i agree, that is rather dumb. Drum tracks are so annoying to play along to. I wonder if he had a run in with a drummer as a child

yeah thanks....but I mean why? its just normal and common sence to have a drummer in a band andsome beat that some other guy did on his PC or recorded himself..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Wir_Sind_Helden

Try www.dooleydrums.com. The last time I checked it, it had loads of free drum loops and stuff.

Advertisement