Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antenna or Satellite?

Options
  • 10-01-2005 7:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

I was hoping to find out what I'd need to be able to view British and European Free to Air Channels? Would an antenna via a TV PVR box to my PC be enough or would I need a satellite dish with DVB card? And indeed would an Antenna and DVB card pick up more than the mere Antenna into the PVR in the Dublin area as it seems a very basic antenna only gets the 4 normal channels? Basically If I can get free to air TV from Europe and Britain and Ireland without having to put a satellite dish outside my home It'd be much better. But if not, so be it. Can anyone help me out?

Comments

You wont get channels from Europe with an aerial in Dublin.
    Sat dish is the only route for them.
    4 Irish channels yes, with a wideband aerial [grid type]

Uk channells availability depends on location in Dublin and may need a high aerial, but definitely an amp and powersupply unit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Hatter

Thanks for the help.

Advertisement