Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Violent Femmes tribute band?

Options
  • 10-01-2005 4:38pm

ok ok ok ok, Taking a plunge here... I would love to form a Violent Femmes tribute group for as much as anything, a bit of fun. I'm in a group at the moment (playing bass) So would be free one/two nights a week. I'm looking for a guitarist (load of you out there) a bassist (a bloody good one!) and a drummer (aren't we all) I'll be doing the tricky part of vocals. I've been told that I can sound like Gordon a lot, so hence my idea. We would be called 12 Angry Women(unless anyone has anything else/better to offer...) I want to gig with this, but I can't really see it as being a breadwinner! So anybody out there interested in a little side project?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

Hey, if I had the time I'd definitely give it a shot with ya, but unfortunately I'm just too busy. If you're starting a tribute band, it mightn't be a bad idea to give yourselves a name more readily associated with the Femmes, like "Add It Up" or "Kiss Off" or something.

Of course, you could always go with "Black Girls" and confuse the hell out of people... :)

Yeah, was toying with the idea of "good feeling" but might get confused with a Joe dolan act!!

Don't all rush in here. I only need three people!!

Don't you mean 2, considering you'll be in the band? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

Seán - Barry, Barry - Seán :)

lets hug.

• Advertisement

deathfunk wrote:
    Don't you mean 2, considering you'll be in the band? :)

I... cant... play...guitar...and ...sing... :(

Ps: thanks Karly for the intro,

either can I, lets start a velvet revolver tribute band! :)

Cheers Karly!

Barry, I actually met you once before, I think it was the night we all went to The Hub...? I was the guy who... ahem... "disappeared" for a while... Enough said...*

I knew this would happen eventually, I'd be chatting to someone on Boards and I'd actually know them!

* Karlh can explain if he so chooses... ;)

I remember that night... I was *bleurgh* quite sober if I reacall.....

*he spotted Ian Botham walking through Temple Bar and followed him to ask for an autograph.

• Advertisement

"ya come over here, take our jobs, f*ck our buddies in toilets ruinin' a night...."

I'm still jealous....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭A.S.H.

Papa are you a moderator and if so shouldn't you be threatening to ban yourself for being off topic :)

Ash good buddy, I can't believe I'm wasting my 500th post on calling you a Divvy!!!

Still love ya tho', good buddy! :D

Seán - Jonny, Jonny - Seán :)

i just got a warm fuzzy feeling and i think some pee came out!

Ah Divvy? WTF is a Divvy? I must assume that it is a witty, handsome, well endowed man. As to your 500th post it's cos I'm worth it.

Hi sean

karlh wrote:
    i just got a warm fuzzy feeling and i think some pee came out!

Have you seen this thread then http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=2278646#post2278646

Mr. Hughes... *nods head*

Yeah, I know it's all off-topic. Especially that Ian Botham remark, Karl. How dare you! Well, people can believe whichever explanation they believe...

Hmmm, I've just realised that Karl has edited his last post... Don't worry Karly, you're not offending anyone with the original one. In fact, I'm more upset about said Botham libel.

If only the boards community knew the -real- truth. Then they could combine both of your explanations into something even more hideous... *shudders*

And ummmmm, Barry I presume you'd be playing bass in the Femmes tribute band?

Singing. I've been told by a lot of people that I sound very like him.

i only edited coz i presumed you guys saw original and would find the editing funny.

*a single tear

anyways, i'd do Beefy in a heartbeat!

Advertisement