Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is ER turning into Scrubs?

Options
  • 10-01-2005 11:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 897 ✭✭✭

Is it just me or is ER turning into Scrubs?

Is not definitive or anything but yesterdays new episode on Net2 had a distinct scrubs feel to it. It wouldn’t surprise me if ER exec's decided to cash in on some of the Scrubs success.

Scrubbish incidents:

The new resident lives on the hospital roof, and plays guitar, cooks hotdogs, drinks beer and plays electric guitar on the roof.

Frank was wearing a full us flag type shiny suit with a large top hat. Is this something you would see at the reception desk of a county general?, even on the 4th of July?

When a new resident ask Frank if Abby is going out with someone, Frank replies, "She is going out with me, but we are always looking for a third partner".
    I used to like Franks character when he was a gruff, biggot and a slightly racist character that they all just bore but Im not as keen on this new jestial Frank.

A new resident has OCD's. (OK that story line was pretty serious but still it reflects Michael J fox character on Scrubs).

The Indian doctor working in a 7-11 with a statue of liberty hat on right across from the hospital (like that’s the only 7-11 in Chicago).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Drama doesn't have to be very serious all the time.

Is the new doctor Dougie Houser?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

No, Because ER isn't funny.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 iluvbeer

Elmo wrote:
    Is the new doctor Dougie Houser?

I thought that too so I started the hunt to find out.
    He used to be in "Once and Again" (terrible US mush)
    http://abc.go.com/primetime/onceandagain/bios/eli_sammler.html

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Zoton

He is the unbearably awful Shane West, stinking up the screen wherever he goes. Just try sitting through the league of extraordinary gentlemen.

The other doctor with OCD was in Oz for a short while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

Zoton wrote:
    Just try sitting through the league of extraordinary gentlemen.

True, but that was a bad film anyway, without or without Mr West.

• Advertisement
Advertisement