Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone have space to rent for band to practice??

Options
  • 10-01-2005 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Winnie

hi i am in a four piece band and desperatley need somewhere to practice, not a stidio as its too dear. looking for somewhere preferably where we can pay rent and use when we need to.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Milkman Dan

a friend of mine hired a u-haul storage space, and it turned out amazing!
    basically you hire this room for a few months or a year and it turns out cheaper than hiring a practice space, but this space is your own dedicated one.
    over a year, the difference is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Winnie

yeh i thought of that but wasnt sure of they would let you play music in a storage space like that. do they not kind of watch what you are using the space for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Graham Day

The problem with that is noise pollution ya see.

whereabouts aer you in Dublin. There's a great little place near Terenure Village which is very basic but dead handy, €50 for 5 hours, soundproofed room, drum kit PA and 2 guitar Amps, one Bass amp supplied. Let me know if you want teh guy's number.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Winnie

thanks for that but the only problem is i would rather a warehouse or soething like that so i can bring my own kit and keep it there and also i can go in and practice on it when i need to :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Graham Day

I work in a warehouse. I wouldn't leave a kit there the conditions arent right. Its very damp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭iornman

rock 'n roll ain't noise pollution

• Registered Users Posts: 17,534 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Graham Day wrote:
    I work in a warehouse. I wouldn't leave a kit there the conditions arent right. Its very damp
    Well, I'm no expert on warehouses, but I'd imagine that not every warehouse in Dublin is exactly like the one you work in. But I'd imagine that if were to use a warehouse to practise in that is used by someone else, be it for recreational or work purposes, and you'd have to keep the kit in a locked room while you werent there, obviously. So by saying you want to there and practise whenever you want, you'd have to unpack it from whatever room or closet it's kept in, set it up, play till your arms and feet fall off, then put it away again. That wouldn't appeal to everyone, but people do it.

Or you could go for a more expensive option which has so many more advantages in the long run; Buy a v-drum kit. Those things are so handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Sick Monkey

Evalyn Fierce Hobo Can you PM me the number for the rehearsal room in terenure Please

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ShriekingSheet

yeah i'm defo interested in the place in terenure too!

PM me please also

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Burke

the place in terenure may be handy but the feedback in there is awful. never goes away. pain in the ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ShriekingSheet

yuck

well thats no good

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Sick Monkey

Can you pm a number anyway because I am very near terenure and could go take a look....

Burke wrote:
    the place in terenure may be handy but the feedback in there is awful. never goes away. pain in the ass.

are we talking about the same place? Vertabrae Studios?

i think it's a good setup, the PA is hard to sort into a place with no feedback though, you're right about that. But once you find the spot it's grand!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Burke

it's still a wreck the head, spend most of ur time trying to find the spot. not worth the hassle.

well the only real spot is directly behind the speakers so it only takes abour a minute to sort out cause you've only about 6 feet of space there. Anyway lads give teh guy a ring and he'll let you check it out. He's dead sound about things like that.

Advertisement